NGC game compatability using PAL Wii with Wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by moloko23, Apr 11, 2007.

1. moloko23
    OP

Member moloko23 GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Hello everyone,

I've been interested in a couple of NGC games so I downloaded them. I tried burning them on the same DVD-R's I've been using to burn Wii dumps on.

The game runs, I get into the games menu and start a new profile and as soon as I press save profile the game begins and 30 seconds later the game/console crashes.

I've heard that the Wiikey doesn't really do all that it had promised in the NGC corner of the ring, which I had no clue about. Now ppl are telling me all our Wii drives are never going to properly run NGC games, or not at least until the Wiikey team release a very improved firmware update.

Have any of you gotten dumped NGC games working on a PAL or NTSC Wii chipped with Wiikey? If so, what type of media, burner, did you use? What speed did you burn it at?

Thanks for all the help,
    greetings,

moloko23

2. Critical_Impact

Member Critical_Impact GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've used Ritek and Verbatim and Tayo Yuden and my games work fine. I think you may have to use FSTFIX on the isos before you burn them.

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...ype=post&id=268

There is fstfix.
    Run it with the f and t arguments so for example "FSTFIX.exe Mario.iso F T"
    It will patch the iso then burn the patched iso and see if it works.

3. alcab

Newcomer alcab Advanced Member

All NTSC wii games I've tried work flawlessly on my wiikey modded wii: Baten Kaitos Origins, Resident Evil3, Megaman X: Command Mission, Beyond good and evil, Bomberman Generations...

I'm using the SELFBOOT GCOS MultiGame Version, and make multigame disks (except for bomberman generations, which I boot also with GCOS but from another disc.

So I recommend booting those game this way, If the game you own is original, back it up and then use GCOS.

BR

4. alcab

Newcomer alcab Advanced Member

Ooops, didn't know about this fstfix util.
    Downloading it right now... thanks!!!

5. moloko23
    OP

Member moloko23 GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Ok I'll try this now, is this one of those .exe files you have to run in the cmd? I tried using the unscrambler that was text based and just couldn't get it to work. Could you give me a short step by step guide of how to get this to work. I'm sort of illiterate when it comes to this kind of stuff...

Thanks,
    moloko23