Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anyone played that game till now ?

I would like to know if its worth buying ... looks little bit like Smash Brothers with Naruto Dragonball and One Pice characters ...

Sounds very funny but before i buy it i would like to know if it is similair to Bodukai or Bleach ... because those are the worst games i have bought
frown.gif
... if it is like the naruto games it would be better in my opinion ... i like the fight system

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its like super smash bros, its quite fun.
I haven't had much time to play on it.
It doesn't play that much like the naruto games or bleach, it plays alot like jump super stars on the DS.
In a nut shell I would say the style of gameplay is like SSBM, with the fighting style of JSS in that you don't take time out to do special moves like in Naruto.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have it for the PS2, which I assume would be identical/almost identical to the GC version.

It's certainly one of the better anime fighting games out there but that's not saying much. It's developed by Eighting who develop just about every anime console fighting game around, so it plays similarly to their other games, if a bit more refined. D.O.N is basically Jump Superstars / Smash Bros, with a hint of Dream Mix TV and Narutimate Hero (in that when you smack your opponent you can collect their energy in order to pull off specials) and kinda reminds me of FullMetal Alchemist Dream Carnival (though Dream Carnival plays like turd).

Basically D.O.N is no where near as good as Jump Superstars or Super Smash Bros (obviously) and to be honest I certainly wouldn't put down $50 to import it, but it is a pretty fun game you could easily whittle away a few hours on. =)

Speaking of fighting games one title I am quite impressed with is the new Super Dragonball Z game, the last one I played was Bukodai 3 which I didn't particulary like, but Super DBZ is by a different developer and more like a traditional arcade fighter. Controls are straight forward, action flows well, uses Japanese voices and the cell shaded graphics are very, very impressive. I was quite suprised with it!

The best anime fighting game IMO is still Narutimate Hero 3 though, which kicks ass. Havn't played the Naruto GC fighting games mind you, but I hear they are very good.
happy.gif

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm ...

seems i better wait till the game comes out in germany (if it will come out here) and test it at some store before ...

and for that narutimate hero 3 ... if it is the same as 2 than i really didn't like it ... ... the NCG games are very different from the PS2 games .... because of that i only played Narutimate hero 2 a short while and bought Naruto Gekito Ninja Taisen 2, 3 and 4 ... only bad thing is that not much changes in those parts ... ...
frown.gif
and i recommend not to buy 4 because there are some little bugs and it is possible that the NGC Crashes

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Naruto GNT games really are quite fun, but the 4 player multiplayer lacks...

D.O.N. though, I consider it to be completely a mini version of SSBM. The controls are even similar too. However, the unlocking system is probably by far the worse I have ever seen...

Multplayer is still fun though, played it several times with my friends.

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i downloaded both versions of D.O.N., they're totally identical. It's worth playing a while. I never liked JSS too much, nor Smash Brothers (I hated the crappy, low-fi audio the most), but I spent at least 10 hours with D.O.N.

The Cube version obviously supports 4 players easier than the PS2. I absolutely hate the freakin' slot machine system for unlocking stuff though :\

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's an okayish game but one that will probably never reach the west since all three shows are licensed by different companies.

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good game. Not worth the high price in importing though, unless you have some special connections.

Quite fun as it feels a lot like Smash Bros. The orb system is disappointing though, especially since there's no standard stamina mode for custom matches or multiplayer. Aside from that, multiplayer computers can't be adjusted to higher difficulties. Very disappointing to me, especially when I unlocked everything after finishing many games on Very Hard and was looking forward to just regular brawls on the same level of difficulty. Multiplayer matches with comps last seconds if I play casually.
frown.gif

If you know someone with the game, bug them to let you play it. If not, wait for a price drop in import stores. This game is worth at least a rent or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1