XP
Country
United States

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is just a pathetic attempt from M$ and Sony to try to minimize the impact of the Wii U announcement at the E3, plain and simple.
By shifting the attention to an hypothetical new Xbox and PS, even if they have NOTHING to show whatsoever , they hope to somehow make the Wii U look obsolete before it even launches , with promises of Avatar like graphics and innovative controllers that won't materialize until 2014 anyway ( at least for the PS4 ).
As usual, it's all a cat and mouse stock exchange play by the big boys.
I'm sure Sony ( in spite of what Guild might think ) have absolutely NOTHING to show but a list of high tech components that put together should make a monster console.
But that would be a double edged sword IMO,and Sony has as much to lose as anybody else. In fact people like me, who still are thinking of getting a PS3, at this point would rather wait for a PS4, making the current gen console sell even less.
And with the enormous amount of resources that Sony put into the PS3, that would be a suicidal move.
But being Sony the arrogant and stupid company that's become today, they'll do it just to stick a needle into Nintendo's and M$'s ass.
Like a said, PATHETIC.

Reactions: 1 person

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is just a pathetic attempt from M$ and Sony to try to minimize the impact of the Wii U announcement at the E3, plain and simple.
By shifting the attention to an hypothetical new Xbox and PS, even if they have NOTHING to show whatsoever , they hope to somehow make the Wii U look obsolete before it even launches , with promises of Avatar like graphics and innovative controllers that won't materialize until 2014 anyway ( at least for the PS4 ).
As usual, it's all a cat and mouse stock exchange play by the big boys.
I'm sure Sony ( in spite of what Guild might think ) have absolutely NOTHING to show but a list of high tech components that put together should make a monster console.
But that would be a double edged sword IMO,and Sony has as much to lose as anybody else. In fact people like me, who still are thinking of getting a PS3, at this point would rather wait for a PS4, making the current gen console sell even less.
And with the enormous amount of resources that Sony put into the PS3, that would be a suicidal move.
But being Sony the arrogant and stupid company that's become today, they'll do it just to stick a needle into Nintendo's and M$'s ass.
Like a said, PATHETIC.
Agreed.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm excited. I honestly can't wait for this gen to end, this gen was just terrible for me.

So I say bring it on. Bring on the PS4 and Wii-U.
Well be prepared to wait another 2-4 years for the PS4, Wii U maybe Christmas 2012? This article is just rubbish, no way PS4 or 720 is announced.
Why not exactly? It's possible they can announce it at this E3, and release it next year.
If they announce any console successor now, their current gen sales would surely drop. Which is something they of course don't want. Who would buy the PS3/360 if the next gen is already announced? You're basically buying a system that will be dead, together with most of the servers, in 2 years? Secondhand you would maybe buy it, but that doesn't help Sony/MS one bit.
Well that didn't really effect the PS2. Being over a decade old, its still selling thousands and Sony is still supporting it.

That also didn't effect the Wii during Black Friday, despite the Wii-U coming next year. I'm sure the PS3 and 360 will be fine even if a new gen is announced.
PS2 just gets shovelware all around now, it's good that Sony still supports them, and I know they will do it similarly with the PS3 (probably less though, the PS3 will never sell as much as the PS2). PS2 sold what, 150 million units? Of course they keep supporting that longer.

It's undeniable that the PS3/360 will sell less when the next gen is announced, just makes no sense at all.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next gen consoles won't be out til 2013 or possibly 2014 their would be no reason for them to release it now >.>

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
One thing to remember is that what we saw at last year's E3 was not the finalized version of the Wii U. Reports had been saying that it was still evolving, and that we'll see the finalized version this E3. The PS4 and XB720 may still end up being superior in capabilities to the Wii U, but that gap may not be as big as what we thought before when we're comparing last year's E3 unveiling.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The next gen consoles won't be out til 2013 or possibly 2014 their would be no reason for them to release it now >.>
oh well too bad we won't last that long :creep:

The world won't end this year, it's been debunked centuries ago by Sir Issac Newton. Even NASA debunked it late last year for a present day example.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh well too bad we won't last that long :creep:

The world won't end this year, it's been debunked centuries ago by Sir Issac Newton. Even NASA debunked it late last year for a present day example.
but the mayans calander ran out (of paper/rock whatever the fuck they put it on :lol:) so it MUST be true :creep:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they can try and STEAL the wiius thunder all they want (it won't be the only thing they will steal from it :P) ninty is bringing the finished product to e3 and shortly after their gonna release it. whether it will be exactly the same as last we saw it (they better have changed that fugly controller) or will be revised only time will tell.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm excited. I honestly can't wait for this gen to end, this gen was just terrible for me.

Well be prepared to wait another 2-4 years for the PS4, Wii U maybe Christmas 2012? This article is just rubbish, no way PS4 or 720 is announced.
Why not exactly? It's possible they can announce it at this E3, and release it next year.
Told ya
No PS4 in 2012, no announcement, no release, no way.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Told ya
Well I never said it was going to be released this year for one.

Secondly, it's still possible. It's not the first time a major dev has lied about something like this.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Told ya
Well I never said it was going to be released this year for one.

Secondly, it's still possible. It's not the first time a major dev has lied about something like this.
True, definitely true. We'll see, would really surprise me though.

@[member='ThugATRON'] check my post a few posts above yours :) Posted it already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY