Next Tomb Raider game Won't Be Named Tomb Raider...the fuck?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500x_lara.jpg

Never really been into Tomb Raider, its an ok at best game series. Still this is entering a new age of crapness as they seem to be going the "name of main character and what is going on" title ala Harry Potter/Indiana Jones.

It shouldn't hurt the series too much however seeing that the characters name is just as well known as the game title it is from.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People will still call it Tomb Raider, probably.

Anyway, Tomb Raider games have been very meh lately. The last Tomb Raider I enjoyed was Anniversary, and even then that was a remake of the first Tomb Raider except with updated graphics.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kicknhorse said:
I more liked going around the house with the butler.
Me too, had a lot of fun jumping around and swimming. Never been keen on killing animals who were just walking around looking for a place to poo.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadriano said:
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

I remember playing a Tomb Raider game on some console (I forgot) when I was younger, I didn't really enjoy it. :/
The GBA one was horrible, but I still played it (it was a gift). D:

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadriano said:
kicknhorse said:
I more liked going around the house with the butler.
Me too, had a lot of fun jumping around and swimming. Never been keen on killing animals who were just walking around looking for a place to poo.

Herehere! It was so cruel. I always felt guilty having to shot those bears that did not do anything really

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I thought the two GBC titles were pretty decent, they were very old school Prince of Persia for me...only you shot bats.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm fine with this. It think they have a brand here either way. I'm reminded of The Dark Knight. It was every bit the Batman brand, but it didn't include the word Batman. I think that sort of titling is in now, and it has a sort of underline simplicity to it all.

And it's not as if the Tomb Raider brand won't still be usable. They could easily do both. Have a Lara Croft game on consoles and a Tomb Raider game on the PSP, for example. Again, I'm reminded of Batman, or more specifically, comics in general. How you can have multiple comic series out about the same character at the same time, all with various titles and subtitles (Batman, Detective Comics, Batman & Robin, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, etc).

I think the same branding tactic could be applied here, if they so choose.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Why? I don't think it'd do them any harm, but I don't see how they'd benefit from it either. Apart from getting people starting threads on game forums wondering about it, which I suppose is free publicity for the series
wink.gif

I loved the first 2 Tomb Raiders on the PSX, but TRIII was far too difficult and put me off the series. (I'll note this was the same year I picked up Final Fantasy, so that sucking up my time may have something to do with that). I got TRIV on PC and never got into it, and haven't really paid much attention to the series since. I think I may need to recify this.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
Why? I don't think it'd do them any harm, but I don't see how they'd benefit from it either. Apart from getting people starting threads on game forums wondering about it, which I suppose is free publicity for the series
wink.gif
This thread will remind people to pirate it.
yaywii.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who cares how the game is called... I for one think the title is pretty cool.

I only played TR:Legends and TR:Anniversay and I thought both were great. I really liked the platforming, puzzles and shooting.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Depravo said:
It's probably a sensible move as less and less of the action in Tomb Raiders games was actually confined to tombs.
Good point made there... after all the 'followup' games were mainly 'Lara Croft Adventures' instead of 'Tomb Raiding Adventures'

It may open a broader gameplaying variation instead of wandering around tombs, jumping
- this way we could have more vehicle usage or town exploration (like in the Wii version you actually had the oppotunity for 'investigation' for clues to solve problems)

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i like the font and the name oddly.
giving it's a all sided chronicle about the stories of lara croft.
a professional tomb raider.
i hope this game is promising. very....promising....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.