Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
l5vj5.jpg
QUOTE said:
Namco Bandai is all set to unveil its next Tales game later today, but Weekly Jump has the scoop. As many have speculated based off trademark filings, the new game is "Tales of Xillia," and it's set for release in 2011.

The big feature for Xillia is that it has two main characters, a first for the series. The male main character is Shuto Matis. The female main character is Mira Maxwell (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro).

These two characters were designed by two different veteran Tales series character designers. Shuto comes from Kosuke Fujishima. Mira comes from Mutsumi Inomata.

Also of note in Jump's first look is word that the game's theme song will be performed by Ayumi Hamasaki.

The new game was first announced back in August as just "Next Tales of." Namco Bandai currently has a countdown running for the game's full unveil. This will reach zero later today.

Prior to the Jump reveal, our only look at the game game through some concept art, which you can see below. The Tales team also shared some details in an August interview.
icon11.gif
Source
icon11.gif
Countdown clock
Will this game be released outside of Japan? Only time will tell. By the way, the quote doesn't mention it but it's a PS3 exclusive.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I stopped hoping for any future Tales of games to be localized outside of Japan ever since they decided not to bring over Tales of Innocence and Hearts, as well as .hack//LINK. I mean, it seems like Bandai Namco has been neglecting us lately :\ .

matthewn4444

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will never be on the 360 (long line of Banco porting games to the Playstation). We probably will never see it (I hope I am wrong
smileipb2.png
)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game01 said:
the male main character's smile kinda reminds me of lelouch

Lelouch was kinda a stereotypical looking anime character. They either look like him or have super spiky Dragon Ball hair.

Even as corny and cliched the games seen to be, the battle system has always been interesting to me, I just have never really had a good chance to try it. I need to get Tales of Vesperia myself. And a PS3 wouldn't hurt either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr