Popopinsel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anybody knows when the next system update (3.0.1+) will be available and what changes are planned?

I hope they will (drastically) further improve loading times for applications and games and that they finally fill up the Wii U's Virtual Console repertoire (OoT where you at?). Oh and am I the only one who finds buffering in the YouTube app ridiculously slow?

JiggyEyeJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a rule for the used language in this forum? I cant find one, so i answer the question in german:

Bis jetzt ist nur bekannt, dass noch in diesem Sommer ein großes Update für die Wii U kommen soll. Wann genau weiss aber nur Nintendo.
Youtube ist bei mir auch total langsam, obwohl ich eine 100 Mbit Leitung habe und die Konsole 50cm vom WLAN-Router entfernt steht. Ich kann kein Video flüssig gucken, alle 10 Sekunden wird gepuffert.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a rule for the used language in this forum? I cant find one, so i answer the question in german
All posts should be made in legible English. Do not make posts or topics in foreign languages, they are likely to be closed. We will be lenient on this rule from time to time as long as it doesn't become a habit amongst members.
Yes, there is^

EDIT: On-topic.
Well, they did say there will be another update this summer and it will further improve loading times, so no worries.

Reactions: JiggyEyeJoe

JiggyEyeJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sry, i didn't know that. Its easier to talk in german, to a german ;).

I try in english:

There will be a big update this summer. But only Nintendo knows the release date. I dont think, that there will be a great performance boost. Youtube is very slow for me too, although i have 100Mbit Internet and the console is about 50cm far away from the wifi-router.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
Sry, i didn't know that. Its easier to talk in german, to a german ;).

I try in english:

There will be a big update this summer. But only Nintendo knows the release date. I dont think, that there will be a great performance boost. Youtube is very slow for me too, although i have 100Mbit Internet and the console is about 50cm far away from the wifi-router.
It's okay, I had trouble with using English first, as well ^_^ (Even with the little flag right below my profile, it's still not my first language)
Anyway, back on topic, do you use the application or the browser? Somehow, I didn't feel it being any slower in the browser.

JiggyEyeJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For me, the youtube app is very slow. Every 10 seconds it has to buffer.
I never tested youtube in the browser before, but i made a short test now and in the browser it works great. 1080p no buffering problems.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
For me, the youtube app is very slow. Every 10 seconds it has to buffer.
I never tested youtube in the browser before, but i made a short test now and in the browser it works great. 1080p no buffering problems.
Yeah, as expected. The browser version, at least for me, is a lot better than the app version. If I remember correctly, it was poorly done and had a lot of issues before.

Popopinsel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your answers so far, makes me sigh with relief that Nintendo is said to be going to address the loading times issue. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who's experiencing this lagginess.

As with YouTube, yes, I was referring to the app, I will try how the regular website performs when I get home. I love the GUI of the app but you really can't watch/listen to a single video. And I'm on 100 MBit fiber as well... ;-)

Is there some kind of roadmap for VC titles?

How come Nintendo remains so silent about the Wii U's (near) future? It's so crucial for the Wii U's success that they bring up a solid lineup of games/apps that stand out with unique uses of the Wii U's (tablet) capabilities. If I weren't so loyal to Nintendo since I was a kid I would've bought a Wii U right now (like I did) and I can understand my friends being all too skeptical about it. Right now I'm only playing vWii and vWii-VC titles (although I also have a Wii ^^). At least I can enjoy the Wii's heavy aliased graphics in sharp and colorful HD :lol:

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there some kind of roadmap for VC titles?
You mean as a release schedule? Well, they release about two VC games a week and they did promise GBA games in the future. They also have a "teasing" stance about GameCube VC.

How come Nintendo remains so silent about the Wii U's (near) future? It's so crucial for the Wii U's success that they bring up a solid lineup of games/apps that stand out with unique uses of the Wii U's (tablet) capabilities. If I weren't so loyal to Nintendo since I was a kid I would've bought a Wii U right now (like I did) and I can understand my friends being all too skeptical about it. Right now I'm only playing vWii and vWii-VC titles (although I also have a Wii ^^). At least I can enjoy the Wii's heavy aliased graphics in sharp and colorful HD :lol:
Well, speaking for myself, I'm not too worried, it's just the same situation as the 3DS' first year, if not even better, so I just have a nagging feeling that they will turn things around in the near future. Oh, one more thing, if you look closely at the release schedule, there's about a big game every month till next year starting with Pikmin 3, so it's beginning to gain momentum. The future is brighter than you expect, so don't worry ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup