Hacking Next Nintendo update

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What's the worst case scenario for the next update from Nintendo?
Let's say I'm someone who has just downgraded to 9.2 and now wants to install rxTools, would it be possible to then update emuNAND to 10.3 and not to the eventual 10.4 (which let's say would fuck up everything)?
I'm asking because I'm waiting for the hype to calm and for everything to be more straight forward, but I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity if a new update came out.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the worst case scenario for the next update from Nintendo?
Let's say I'm someone who has just downgraded to 9.2 and now wants to install rxTools, would it be possible to then update emuNAND to 10.3 and not to the eventual 10.4 (which let's say would fuck up everything)?
I'm asking because I'm waiting for the hype to calm and for everything to be more straight forward, but I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity if a new update came out.
O3DS - update to 10.4
N3DS - Who cares?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sysUpdater exist and with it you can manually update.
Don't even need to do that just update in system settings.

D

Deleted-236924

If they were gonna do something to block emunand I'd think they'd have done something a long time ago tbh.
Like they changed the way encryption worked for the N3DS so you cant get emunand past 9.5, but for O3DS they've just been releasing firmware update after firmware update and it's always working.

If they could change encryption similar to how they do on the N3DS to prevent people from updating their emunand they'd probably have done so already, I'd wager.
Unless there is a way they can do it but they just haven't figured out a way yet.

In any case, we know 10.3 works atm. When an eventual system update comes out, either make a backup before updating, or wait for others to confirm that you can update before doing it. There's still a possibility they could change something that would prevent us from updating emunand past a certain firmware.

And yeah you can run sysupdater in emunand to update to a specific firmware, so let's say 10.4 doesn't work, you can get the 10.3 update files and update with sysupdater.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks
D

Deleted User

Well, can't Nintendo just change the keys, even for O3DS, like they did with 7.0?
I don't believe so. I remember hearing that the way the N3DS block is achieved requires additional hardware which the o3DS simply doesn't have.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You see, this is what worries me if I wait too long:

One more thing people don't realize is that if Nintendo releases any update, you will only have one attempt at downgrading your system. If that one attempt succeeds, you are good to go but if that attempt fails and you are soft-bricked, you will be forced to update to the latest and probably patched version and therefore, will be unable to downgrade your system.

What about it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn