Next month's 1st-party Wii U game announcement may be StarTropics

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Transdude1996, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Transdude1996
    OP

Transdude1996 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2011
    United States
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Okay, here's what we know. Retro has been working on another game for months, but we don't know what it is

http://tinyurl.com/mpm6sps

Next month, they'll be announcing another Nintendo game coming to the Wii U, but it won't be a Star Fox or F-Zero game.

http://tinyurl.com/o7yqdyk

Lastly, before E3 2013, a user by the name of bh7812 posted on Neogaf that Retro was working on a StarTropics game.

http://tinyurl.com/opma7em

Now I'm sure a few people are scratching their heads as to why the last part is relevant. It's because the guys has had accounts on multiple sites that have been open since 2005. So, I'd say that gives him a bit of creditability.

Now forgive me for jumping to conclusions, but if you add all this up, it makes perfect sense. Also, bh7812 posted a message in my GameFaqs topic where I was asking about the rumor since I didn't know about it at the time:

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I'm hoping for a sequel of Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo (or another one based on the original DB story), or Conker's Bad Fur Day 2 (not gonna happen Microsoft owns Rare).

Oh well, whatever it is I'm interested.

3. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    It would be nice I suppose, I reckon it is far too soon for Retro to be announcing there next project though. Going by Nintendo's recent works though it wouldn't surpriseme if it is Mario Sluggers or something in that range

4. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Oh wow, a new Star Tropics would be amazing. And it would be the perfect way to bring back to light Mike, which could make him a new character for Smash 4. (Though really, given the nature of Mike and the items he used, he'd probably control very similar to Ness or Lucas).

5. Wisenheimer

Wisenheimer GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    I think Retro is working on the next Metroid game. I am not sure if they will announce it this year though.

6. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Not Star Fox: Not F-Zero: not Zelda: not Mario: holy shit, a Halo game!!!!!! It's about freakin' time!!!!!

Edit: And that text in the original post is... large; this isn't Facebook; people aren't nearly blind.

7. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Great, now we'll never get that edgy Ice Climbers reboot I've been praying for.

We could've had cooperative arm-sawing action. We could have had it all and you blew it!

8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    It's a bit jumping to conclusions, but at least you're explaining your reasons, which makes it okay. I wish more people would do that. :)

As for the speculation...it could be. Like Kid Icarus, it's pretty much the same as just starting a new IP (is there anyone here who remembered playing the original? I sure as hell ain't) and just letting retro do another metroid prime game would be too obvious. This is nintendo, after all...

9. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States

When you think about it, Mike should be in Smash over the Ice Climbers, he naturally has more moves that could be assigned to him based on his game-play (while many of the Ice Climbers moves had to be made from scratch for smash), not to mention there were 2 Star Tropics game and only one Ice Climbers game.

10. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    'cause everyone loved those icy stages which would make the player fall if not careful enough.

11. TerryHomes

TerryHomes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2011
    Lol you guys are srsly funny), but starTROPICS was a homage to TROPICAL freeze