Next Kingdom Hearts coming for NDS!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by beautifulbeast, May 4, 2007.

May 4, 2007
  1. beautifulbeast
    OP

Member beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Remember the trailer I posted a while ago for what was supposed to be KH3 trailer? Well, some big guy at Squeenix just stated that the game is a spin-off in the series that explains what King Mickey was doing during his ausence and how he got his Keyblade. The big news is he says the game will be developed for a handheld, although they still don't know wich one to chose. Yeah, right, like they still hadn't learnt that games for the NDS sell like crazy.
    Read the story here.

Edit: The link to the trailer isn't working, but I found it in Youtube at a lesser quality here. Enjoy.

2. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Only a really stupid douche would choose the PSP just because it has better graphics.

3. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    No one has said that that trailer is for the spin off game.

EDIT: The spinoff game is simply mentioned as the next Kingdom Hearts game they are going to announce. They haven't even announced it as a handheld game either, just that they are "looking into" handhelds as a possibility.

4. opcode32

Member opcode32 powerh8er par excellence

United States
    i hated that gba kingdom hearts game. what a boring dungeon crawler this was. i hope the next one is better, altho i didn't really like any of the games square enix has put out lately (aka within the last few years).

5. beautifulbeast
    OP

Member beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    I did like Chain of memories. The gameplay was brilliant (this coming from someone who hates card games).

6. Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer Adventures_of_Lo Advanced Member

Finland
    I loved the first Kingdom Hearts. Too bad I don't have ps2 anymore so I can't play the second one [​IMG]

I'm a huge Disney fan and I generally like Square's games. Well... let's say I'm a fan of Disney before the 3d animation era. I'd say Hercules was the last great Disney animation.

7. James Kudo

Member James Kudo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Eh, I hope it comes to the PSP. You couldn't really do anything special with the touschscreen on the DS with Kingdom Hearts.

8. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Nomura said it would be on an NDS, PSP, or Mobile. Let's just hope it's not mobile exclusive in episodes or some crap like that.

I really like the whole series. I have played all three games, (I'm three bosses away from the end of CoM) and I really wish they would release Final Mix+ in the US.

I think the new KH's "tideover" game could be on either NDS or PSP, although Square-Enix releasing so many games on the DS makes me think they will push Nomura in that direction. He is all about having control over his projects though, so if he NEEDS super dooper graphics, it is destined for the PSP. I hope it's not a card game. A side-scroller would be an interesting idea, or something like FFIII perhaps.

There is also a possibility that they would come out with a version for DS and PSP too...

I'm afraid to say it but there is a decent chance if it comes out only on the PSP I would buy a PSP...

9. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    I disagree completely

10. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    You know it's gonna be announced soon anyway, Squenix is just following their old pattern. After the first Kingdom Hearts was released, Squenix released Chain of Memories as a filler inbetween KH and KHII. It provided an epilogue for KH / prologue for KHII. This could simply hype up KHIII as was done before for KHII. Chain of Memories also helped get Sony fanboys to try out some Nintendy hardware in order to get the full KH story.