Next generation of cell phones? Cellular watches?

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's actually pretty cool. But it'd look retarded since it's so new, people would wonder why the hell you are talking to your wrist. Unless you have a bluetooth headset.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Link is wrong!
sad.gif

edit: Now its working, weird!
huh.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technology is advancing way too fast
i think its pretty cool and useful
but theres a few concerns:

#1 if we didnt use a bluetooth headset, we'd look awfully stupid.
#2 texting will look retarded. just look like youre tapping your watch manymany times. whats the point of receiving text messages when you cant text without looking ridiculous. and you can only text with one hand unless your fingers are super super flexible

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
tinymonkeyt said:

#2 texting will look retarded. just look like youre tapping your watch manymany times. whats the point of receiving text messages when you cant text without looking ridiculous. and you can only text with one hand unless your fingers are super super flexible

Also I must say I dont like the idea of a cellphone being permanently attached to my wrist, the idea of those microwaves and radiation focused continuously on one part of my body doesn't seem healthy.
unsure.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
tinymonkeyt said:

Also I must say I dont like the idea of a cellphone being permanently attached to my wrist, the idea of those microwaves and radiation focused continuously on one part of my body doesn't seem healthy.
unsure.gif

My thoughts exactly, Pingy. The so call cellular watches will only be used as a backup in case you don't feel like charging your phonecell and have to go somewhat very urgent. That's when the cellular watches will come in handy.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:

people used to say the same sort of thing about walking around with headphones on everywhere, look where we are now.....

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
This is pretty awesome, however, a little impractical. So, you can use bluetooth with it to receive phone calls - why not just have a regular phone in your pocket? Texting will be annoying to use. All of the other features phones have such as camera, internet, etc, won't be present. Once again, music streaming can also be done via bluetooth on other phones.

Plus, what kind of storage will this thing use? I mean, it has to fit in a SIM card, so will there even be space for a miniSD card?

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can imagine, some aliens hacking on to our internet and reading this thread. And all they are doing is laughing their heads off at the speed of our technology advancements.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Old but makes you wonder what's next maybe an interactive custom interactive online assistant on your cell phone to help surf the net or even something like a PET or Tranzar.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This isnt conventional. Its just straight up awkward. The only advancement of the cellular phone is maybe a pop out keypad from the watch. But I really dont see that happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn