Next generation of 3DS flashcarts and multirom support

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by spinner09, Dec 23, 2013.

1. spinner09
    OP

spinner09 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    So, now that the rumors are flaring that Gateway will not be able to support multiple roms on the same card without a significant hardware upgrade, is it safe to say that a new generation of cards are on the way?
    This new MT-Card thing seems to be the first, and others might follow afterwards. Gateway fanboys seem to have it in for all the clone carts (such as R4i and 3DSLink), saying things like "they can't be upgraded" and whatnot. But it appears that all current 3DS flashcart owners (Gateway included) are going to get burned soon during the next wave.
    Based on what I've heard, the MT-Card uses a switch to hotswap rom images to and from the microSD card on the fly? (correct me if I'm wrong) Apparently, no current flash card can do it without a hardware upgrade.
    Of course, a good and proper custom firmware will render this all moot, but since no one had made any significant progress in that (other than Smealum), there's no point waiting for it.

2. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
  3. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    I bet it was MT-Card itself who maybe started this Rumors, who know?

4. kalimero

kalimero Uncle Rupee

Jun 28, 2006
    Gambia, The
    For me it's not even a rumor, it's a lie.

RubenCantuVota, tyons and andibad like this.
  5. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands
    What rumors? Gateway has confirmed that they *won't* need a hardware update. Don't talk out of your ass.

RubenCantuVota, tyons and SpaceJump like this.
  6. spinner09
    OP

spinner09 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    When and where did they confirm this? I've been reading their news updates, and they never mentioned multirom support.

7. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Are you serious? lol.

Got to their site, press F3 and then search for "multirom".

8. andibad

andibad Soon™

Sep 14, 2009
    Indonesia
    hospital
    what rumor? rumor about r4i is not updateable hardware? mt-card is r4i team? your are not trolling around? LOL

gw already tell us their hardware are update-able and twice proven to us about r4i is only clone card who copy paste gw work. and now mt-card appear. but something awkward about that card. after r4i posting their crappy video about emuNAND 7 and nintendo release 7.1, mt-card upload their video to proven us is first flashcard to support multi rom (is similar with r4i team doing) . their domain is registered on 3 october 2013, is day after gateway posted blog about 'GATEWAY 3DS 2.0 SNEAK PEAK 1 OF 2'.

9. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands
    From the main website, in plain view:

10. SpaceJump

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    Serieously? :lol:

11. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Under Government Suppression
    Just mark the thread as spam and go on with your lives, people!

12. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    Why when we can keep arguing back and forth and achieve nothing till we have concrete evidence 1 way or the other, they better release soon, as board averages about 10 "spam" threads a day regarding all the conjecture, hopefully then people may stop polluting the Hacking and Homebrew forum, with the same shit.... different day, even though threads already exist and are even stickied to complain/show love