Next-Generation Nintendo DS Mock-Up

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Plus built in homebrew support so having to get carts and thus risk piracy wouldn't be necessary...(even though I LOVE all my free games)
that doesn't make any sense at all...

Anyway, an analog stick is what the next DS needs most...although I can imagine that Nintendo is never going to add an analog stick to a handheld system for portability reasons
unsure.gif
(let's just hope they will..)
And since it's cheap and easily implemented, what would be a DS2 without motion/tilt controls? that way, Nintendo can fool the customers into thinking they'll get a portable Wii, probably making it an even bigger success than the DS Lite...
think about it: God of War: Chains of Olympus (a PSP game) already looks as good as most Wii games, and that game is for a 3 years old handheld...now imagine a new handheld that has the same graphics as the Wii (which the DS2 probably will), as well as motion controls AND a touchscreen... it's like your favorite system and your favorite handheld combined...Nintendo would be nuts not to include motion controls

I personally hope that Nintendo will ditch the GBA slot in favor of a smaller casing...few people will be interested in GBA compability as long as the DS2 supports old DS games, and only very few DS games/peripherals made use of the GBA slot (Opera Browser, Daigasso Band Brothers, Arkanoid DS, Megaman ZX, some games with rumble support...)...who needs it, really?
if the DS2 has a built-in rumbler and internet browser, the GBA slot will be even more useless...what about an SD card slot instead?

that's pretty much all I expect from the next DS, features-wise...hardware-wise, I expect it to be slightly more powerful then the PSP, but with better battery life

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
...the current one doesn't have touch sensitivity...

The DS does have pressure sensitivity (which is what I assume you mean). Don't believe me? Try out the homebrew painting app Colors. The harder you press, the more paint you use. Just 'cause commercial games haven't used it (yet) doesn't mean the hardware's not there.

J

Jackreyes

I don't think commercial games are allowed to use pressure sensitivity...

lol that was probably a load of crap but thats what i thought...

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plus built in homebrew support so having to get carts and thus risk piracy wouldn't be necessary...(even though I LOVE all my free games)
that doesn't make any sense at all...

Anyway, an analog stick is what the next DS needs most...although I can imagine that Nintendo is never going to add an analog stick to a handheld system for portability reasons
unsure.gif
(let's just hope they will..)
And since it's cheap and easily implemented, what would be a DS2 without motion/tilt controls? that way, Nintendo can fool the customers into thinking they'll get a portable Wii, probably making it an even bigger success than the DS Lite...
think about it: God of War: Chains of Olympus (a PSP game) already looks as good as most Wii games, and that game is for a 3 years old handheld...now imagine a new handheld that has the same graphics as the Wii (which the DS2 probably will), as well as motion controls AND a touchscreen... it's like your favorite system and your favorite handheld combined...Nintendo would be nuts not to include motion controls

I personally hope that Nintendo will ditch the GBA slot in favor of a smaller casing...few people will be interested in GBA compability as long as the DS2 supports old DS games, and only very few DS games/peripherals made use of the GBA slot (Opera Browser, Daigasso Band Brothers, Arkanoid DS, Megaman ZX, some games with rumble support...)...who needs it, really?
if the DS2 has a built-in rumbler and internet browser, the GBA slot will be even more useless...what about an SD card slot instead?

that's pretty much all I expect from the next DS, features-wise...hardware-wise, I expect it to be slightly more powerful then the PSP, but with better battery life

The Nintendo portables series has ALWAYS had backwards compatibility. I really hope they don't remove that (and they probably won't). About the graphics: I don't think that it would have Wii-level graphics. If you think about the time line of Nintendo consoles:

GB - Nes level graphics
GBC - somewhere in between?
GBA - SNES
DS - N64
DS2 - [inference!]

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
the GBA was a little better than the SNES..

the DS is not as powerful as a N64.. you can say it's like a N64 with a PSX video card.. I'm expecting the next Nintendo handheld to be at least as powerful as a PSP...

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
mercluke said:
i heard somewhere that the ds was gonna be way slimmer but to do that they would have to get rid of the gba slot and the problem with that is that then you cant use opera because of the ram expansion and the only way around this would be to have more inbuilt ram

if all that iv'e heard is true (which is highly unlikely) then that means it may be possible to run gba roms through slot 1 via the extra built in ram so keep your fingers crossed.
yaynds.gif

oh yeah, i have inside sources
ph34r.gif

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an holographic ds, would be awesome, nah just joking, I'm pretty sure the next generation handheld nintendo would be unexpected

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.