PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm betting tilt and rumble will be built in and whatever else is around when it gets made. Realistically we won't be seeing the DS's successor for a few years yet. At the rate it's going now the DS could even out last the GB or GBA in lifespan.

D-Trogh

Trophies
Website
promh.freehostia.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Well.. Yeah, A DualScreen PSP with touch screen would be nice XD
And I like this design :-\ Good idea about those led-buttons
biggrin.gif

(Though, they won't be used that much in games I think..)

But.. I would like a new DS which is faster, better graphic support, bigger screens..
And why don't they add a 'XMB'
tongue.gif
.. and make it a MultiMedia device?
Of course we have our FlashCards.. but it isn't build to play MP3s or videos.. so.
That's why a lot of PSP FanBoys say the DS sucks.. 'No music, video, internet, ..'
We say: Flashcards! And we HAVE a browser!.. but it's not the same..

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
biggrin.gif

But.. I would like a new DS which is faster, better graphic support, bigger screens..
tongue.gif
Of course we have our FlashCards.. but it isn't build to play MP3s or videos.. so.
That's why a lot of PSP FanBoys say the DS sucks.. 'No music, video, internet, ..'

Well.. we can just say to them: "No games
tongue.gif
"

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

I say we let them be ignorant dumb-fucks. I got $50 in a bet because some jackass PSP fanboy told me my NDS couldn't play music. I proved him wrong with some FFVII AC soundtrack
yaynds.gif

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have to say the whole idea of the "next DS" has never really crossed my mind. It makes me giddy just thinking of what nintendo will come up with. I think they've learned a few hard lessons (a la "lite", and headphone jacks) about what consumers want, and I think they will be receptive to what we think the next DS should be.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2 main things wrong with it.

1) The screens aren't the same size which kills the possibility of a 2 screen game. That means it will always be a map on the bottom.

2) When you close it, the buttons will be pushing against the top screen.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Umm why are the guys who created a handheld console drooling over nintendo ds? Basically they're pretending to forget their crappy gizmondo.

Lol imagine Ken Kutagari or whatever he's called saying on the PSP site his dreams of a perfect ds.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2 main things wrong with it.

1) The screens aren't the same size which kills the possibility of a 2 screen game. That means it will always be a map on the bottom.

2) When you close it, the buttons will be pushing against the top screen.

Ever heard of borders? For two-screen gameplay, one can render the sides as border bars, probably including some information (for example a health meter). I like the top-wide concept.

Umm why are the guys who created a handheld console drooling over nintendo ds? Basically they're pretending to forget their crappy gizmondo.

Lol imagine Ken Kutagari or whatever he's called saying on the PSP site his dreams of a perfect ds.
Gizmondo != Gizmodo.

Looks ugly... I actually prefer seeing the hinge. It should look like a system, not like a brick.
I'd prefer some kind of touch panel as directional input. a circular capacitive touchpad would be able to emulate joystick, d-pad and paddle/dial. Ideally, the bottom screen should have some multi-touch capabilities (and be more sensitive), although that is hard to do without losing the ability to use a stylus.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOD if the DS had better graphics it would be the ULTIMATE. Plus built in homebrew support so having to get carts and thus risk piracy wouldn't be necessary...(even though I LOVE all my free games). Man the DS has so much potential, I can't wait.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks like a pretty cool mock-up.

I think nintendo need a whole new 'next-gen' DS though instead of a rehashed design. Multi-touch screens and much better graphics would make it very appealing to me.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop making rectangular ergonomic nightmares.

Take a Gamecube controller, turn it into a single-screen clamshell, and to hell with innovation.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd prefer some kind of touch panel as directional input. a circular capacitive touchpad would be able to emulate joystick, d-pad and paddle/dial. Ideally, the bottom screen should have some multi-touch capabilities (and be more sensitive), although that is hard to do without losing the ability to use a stylus.
My thoughts exactly, except I was thinking something like the new Zune pad (haven't used it yet, but I've heard nothing but good things of it). The only problem of having a touch sensitive pad would be the fact that it would contradict with having a touchscreen, so one might think that extending the touchscreen to the whole bottom would be a good idea, but then there would need to be some sort of peripheral to emulate buttons and a directional pad. I've heard of a recent patent by someone to make a touchscreen that could rise up in certain regions,
wub.gif
maybe Nintendo could go that route, they do have a few years to develop something like that.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i heard somewhere that the ds was gonna be way slimmer but to do that they would have to get rid of the gba slot and the problem with that is that then you cant use opera because of the ram expansion and the only way around this would be to have more inbuilt ram

if all that iv'e heard is true (which is highly unlikely) then that means it may be possible to run gba roms through slot 1 via the extra built in ram so keep your fingers crossed.
yaynds.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Stop making rectangular ergonomic nightmares.

Take a Gamecube controller, turn it into a single-screen clamshell, and to hell with innovation.

Agreed.. the DS and the PSP can sometimes be really uncomfortable.. their formats should be more like console's joysticks.. :/

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i heard somewhere that the ds was gonna be way slimmer but to do that they would have to get rid of the gba slot and the problem with that is that then you cant use opera because of the ram expansion and the only way around this would be to have more inbuilt ram

if all that iv'e heard is true (which is highly unlikely) then that means it may be possible to run gba roms through slot 1 via the extra built in ram so keep your fingers crossed.
yaynds.gif

But if they remove the slot2 then there would be no need for GBA hardware, and that means we can't run GBA AT ALL. Unless they increase the power enough that some one could create a GBA emulator.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right now I hate the touch screen, because it doesn't respond well enough. It's the second DS Lite I bought and still I'm pressing it like a maniac to get things done. My friend was lucky for having a good touch screen. While I tried several units before buying my 2nd DS. It was better than the first but far from perfect.

So because of this I'm really looking forward to a new DS with new sort of touch screen. I do think the new DS will have a way better one anyway, because the current one doesn't have touch sensitivity and I read somewhere that this was going to be "in the works".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2