Next-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 delayed to next year

cyberpunk-2077-normal-hero-01-ps4-en-08sep20.jpeg

Cyberpunk 2077 is still seeing delays, nearly a year after its release. CD Projekt Red announced today that the next-gen versions of the game, which were originally slated for Q1 2021, but then postponed to the second half of this year, have been delayed until Q1 2022. The next-gen versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have also been delayed, now targeted for Q2 2022.

CD Projekt Red was at the centre of much controversy at the end of last year due to the buggy release of Cyberpunk 2077, and have been trying to restructure their development cycles in order to avoid the long delays and bugs that defined Cyberpunk's release.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I never saw the appeal of the Witcher, so I never understood why so many fanboys were basically lining up to suck CD PR's metaphorical dick over Cyberpunk. Up until the Witcher was a thing, CDPR was a non-entity for me. And my first exposure to their work was in Yahtzee's review of the first Witcher game, which was so unforgivably convoluted that it had the man coin the phrase PC Gaming Master Race as a slur, explicitly targeted to the idiots that can't seem to enjoy a game unless they spend a minimum of 90 minutes troubleshooting and tweaking for every hour of play time. Then, Morons on 4chan and especially Reddit took the label as some kind of badge of elitism it was never intended to be.

From what I've seen of others streaming it, it can be an interesting bit of world building. but most of the time it's marred by glitches and bugs that immediately rob me of any and all immersion I could build up before they manifest. Though, that also ignores that cdpr wants a 3090 to even play at effing 720p.
You make a long opinion based on YouTube videos and not actually try those games yourself?

CP2077 works fine with my GTX970 at 1080p.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering how hard it is to obtain a current gen console (at MSRP), they can take all the time in the world.
I'd still prefer a more transparent update system on development. The months of radiosilence after patches and the patches, so far, just being bugfixes and tiny gameplay improvements rather than substantial content really isn't encouraging me to recommend the game, even after 100%ing it. I don't think No Man's sky took this long to give their players something to keep them playing.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You make a long opinion based on YouTube videos and not actually try those games yourself?

CP2077 works fine with my GTX970 at 1080p.
They're not subject matter I care about? Ever considered that?

Also, unless you have things down to ps1 level textures, no, you're lying. literally nobody can play cyberpunk on high settings with anything less than an RTX 2070. Every review site, youtuber and their dog shows the game runs entirely ass unless you dial the settings way down without an RTX or 6000 series Radeon. And if you have to run the game at Low, you might as well have got it on the PS4 for all the good it would do you. pc version still has just as many glitches on anything before RTX.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to me that big budget game development has become a real shit show. We need another crash desperately, and looks like it's on the way. Between the botched releases and abuse allegations at all the major studios and publishers, that fresh start looks better and better.

There's just no love for the art form anymore. Now it's about who can get the the most popular celebrity to jack off on stage and have said celebrity's publicists and lawyers shut down fan mods. It's all so tiresome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father