Next Gen systems .... im still not impressed !

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BoneMonkey, Oct 16, 2007.

Oct 16, 2007
  1. BoneMonkey
    OP

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    ive been playing video games since my good ole atari ! usally when a system comes out i would be the first one in line on luanch date with my preorder ticket :-)

but i still havent bought a WII a XBOX360 or a PS3

im a huge Playstaion fan and i was not impressed with the ps3 at all , its way too expensive the games are 59.99 and there isnt one game i want to play with it

the xbox 360 only has one game on it i like (Halfife 2) but i can play that on my PC wayyy better IMO and its expensensive also

now the WII the wii is pretty affordable and has a decent amount of games BUT ............ its still too kiddy for me
    i will never see Grand Theft Auto 3 or violent Mature games that i love and im tired of mario games .......................

then i thought well maybe im getting old lol im 27 years old ...... am i the only one who feels this way ?

christmas is coming in two months and i would like to purchase one of these systems ... Grand Theft Auto Resident Evil 5 Soul caliber and Tekken 6 are coming out :-)

i think price is my main problem 500 plus for systems are insane !

2. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    really, if you want ONLY war/violent/gore overall mature... what are you excepting? the only console that been around for a LONG period of time is the xbox360, there more then enough violent games for that console.

Plus Nintendo was never into gore games, that doesnt mean its kiddy.

3. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    1)yes wii does have games, but most of them sucks. (And i don't know if there's going to be many good/AWESOME games on it)
    2)ps3 will get orange box, if you meant that with hl2.
    3)xbox360 games are same price as ps3 games (atleast here)

If i were you i'd take ps3, but if you want to play halo3 or brawl then get something else. :A
    I personally don't think that ps3 is too expensive. Atleast not now when there's 40gb version of it, but i'm still waiting for some games and there could be always more pricecuts etc. [​IMG]

4. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States
    yeah im kind of leaning toward the ps3 it will get tekken 6 my favorite video game series of all time and metal gear solid :-)

but damn 600 bucks !!!!!!!!!!! for a ps3 ?

5. fischyan95

Banned fischyan95 Banned

United States
    I saw a PS3 kiosk with a Sony HD LCD....I have to say, the graphics sucked ass. it was forza motorsport 2 if I remember correctly. Something HAD to be wrong with that display, because my PC has MUCH better graphucs

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    After playing my Dreamcast all Sunday I've come to realised that apart from graphics nothing has really advanced at all since 1998, even the Dreamcast had motion sensor with the fishing rod which can actually be used on Virtua Tennis Wii Sports style.

I disagree with you saying that theres nothing "mature" (i.e. gore, violence etc) on the Wii as the Wii has many of those games plus many coming soon.

In my opinion the 360 in terms of games is the best, though not much of a step up from Xbox and from what I've seen and played of the PS3 theres nothing new there at all, the games are just prettier PS2 titles. I think the Wii will be better once the bigger titles come out. I loved Zelda and a few other games but they were pretty damn easy.

Get a 360 you won't regret it as that basically will have the games you want.

7. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    You may not regret it at first, but after you're attacked by 5 Red Rings of Death in a row, you will regret it [​IMG]

8. Yoshimashin

Member Yoshimashin Penguin Spy

United States
    I have all three, and personally I like my PS3 overall. Tekken 6 is going to be amazing. There are lots of other stellar games coming out on the near future.

I dont like Wii. Im sorry Nintendo, you failed me this time. The ONE game I was looking forward to (Brawl) was delayed. I guess I wont be using it for another few months...

9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Ah thankfully I've yet to have that! Does these rings only appeared on those ones that are used constantly in a smelly teenagers room where light is never seen or just on most?

Whats the return rate on PS3's? As PSX, PS2 and PSP have all become faulty within a year and I've had to get them replaced! I didn't even use them much in the first year.

10. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom

Newer models are modified to stop GPU overheating (the main cause of RRoD) so that's a non-issue.

@sgadzookie80
    Take a good look at the 360 line-up before deciding on either console. If you really love Tekken and MGS that much, then PS3 is the one for you, but be aware that there are a lot of great games on 360 compared to one or two great games on PS3 (neither of which have been released yet). There is always a chance that some of PS3's biggest titles (ie. Killzone2) will suck ass, too!

Its definitely the better console, but so far the games are still sh*t!

11. mfpants50

Banned mfpants50 Banned

United States
    Wii60 forever!!

12. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States
    you know what for the same price of a ps3 i could get a wii and 360 lol

13. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Its pretty simple really if none of the games on the current gen systems interest you then don't buy one.

Also the benefit of owning a next gen system IMO is significantly less if you don't own a HDTV.

Wait till the games come out that you are looking forward to and then get that system, most likely the price will have dropped by then.

In saying all that there are a tonne of great games on the 360 I'd be very surprised if you can't find one in there that you might like.

14. cenotaph

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Heh, yet another one coming to this realization. The gaming industry is stagnating, just like in 82. I don't think there'll be a crash like back then given how the influx of new gamers is rather high, but seasoned ones might find that new releases are just the same old crap repackaged and it doesn't provide the kind of novelty you'd come to expect.

See also A Gamer's Manifesto.

15. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States
    i guess im not going to get a system for x mas lol

going to hold on till there all around 200 bucks

16. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Hardcore gamers play Mario, screw gears of war, thats a casual mainstream game every guy at my school has played.

Nintendo = hardcore

17. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Or you could just play games because they are fun and not worry about what other people are doing.

18. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    I paid about 550 bucks total for my 360 and extra periphrials, and yeah, that smarted a bit, but...

-A lot of the games I buy are used Original Xbox games for 7 bucks, and they're fun and look good.
    -The demo download for most games allows me to check it before I chuck money at a flashy game that I won't play.
    -The Live Arcade titles are really good, and it's fun to play Robotron and Defender and Frogger and Dig Dug in the living room without having to load a disc.
    -Xbox Live should be the standard to which all systems aspire to. It's just so easy to get into an online match of anything.
    -I'm a "Mac guy" and I'm gushing about a Microsoft product, that should tell you something right there!

19. theorgan

Member theorgan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ewwwwww gushing.

20. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    ewwwwwwww organs....