Next GBAtemp backer raffle coming up soon

patron_raffle.png

[You have until March 31st at midnight to become a Patron to enter the next raffle] If you want a chance to win one of the cool prizes we regularly offer (previous raffle here) make sure to support us on Patreon by submitting your pledge before the end of the month. The next raffle will take place in the early days of April. All members who have a valid pledge submitted before April 1st will be eligible to enter.

So what will be up for grabs this this time? As always it depends on the amount of support we receive from you.

And what perks will you be getting if you decide to support us?

Benefits for you
If you decide to back us, you will also get lots of benefits on a personal level:

1) The most important of all: you will get the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes with supporting your favorite online community <3 (all backers!)

2) You will be allowed to enter the quarterly raffle and therefore get a chance to win one of the prizes ($2+ backers)

3) You will be part of a special member group that will have a right to vote in the GBAtemp Bounty ($2+ backers)

4) Your GBAtemp account will go completely ad-free: no more ads, neither on the desktop version nor on the mobile version! ($5+ backers)

5) You will be allowed to use the newest forum themes in their beta versions before they go public, you'll be able to voice your suggestions, the same will also go for all future new styles and design improvements! ($10+ backers)

Stay tuned !

Attachments

• 106635-b4fb8bce9da14523e84e13a03fb994de.jpg
    106635-b4fb8bce9da14523e84e13a03fb994de.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 576
Last edited by Costello,

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raffle #1 top prize was Nintendo Switch.
Raffle #2 top prize was New Nintendo 2DS XL.
Raffle #3 top prize ?????

What are your guesses everyone?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Raffle #1 top prize was Nintendo Switch.
Raffle #2 top prize was New Nintendo 2DS XL.
Raffle #3 top prize ?????

What are your guesses everyone?
A night with me :creep:

No, but on a more serious note, I think something along the lines of a 2DS is a good choice value-wise

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It feels good when you receive that Patreon receipt at the beginning of each month!! :D:grog:

Oh, it’s paid monthly? I assumed it would be more like a magazine/comic book sub, where you’d pay yearly. Huh. Either way, it’s mere pennies per month to help with server fees/whatever/etc. :grog:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A night with me :creep:

GAH!! (quickly stuffs money BACK in wallet/closes PayPal)

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm a real patreon
I'm sure there are fake patreon who subscribe only when there are raffles
and unsubs right after
I'm a real patreon since the last raffle (didnt unsubscribed)
Me too. But I'm having issues with the credit card and I think I'm no longer patreon until I can solve that.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patreon currently says 68 Patrons, so you each have a 1.47% chance to win.

EDIT: The 1.47% is for the mysterious top prize only. Assuming there are 5 prizes, your chances of winning "something" go up to a whopping 7.35%

Last edited by GameSystem,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Patreon currently says 68 Patrons, so you each have a 1.47% chance to win.
so we all also have 98.53 chance of losing? nice...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey btw, when i saw latest raffle, someone was picked twice
but the stream decided to repick instead of giving him two prizes
I think that's unfair
If you get picked twice, you should get both prize
no?
After all, the guy had same chance as everyone, he was just luckier to get picked twice

Reactions: GameSystem

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think the raffle is a decent deal.
First raffle had $50 gift card for 2nd place, and $25 for 3-5th place. Second raffle had $25 for 2-5.
If you gamble $2, you have over a 7% chance of multiplying your investment 12.5x to 75x or 150x (MSRP: $150 N2DSXL, $300 Switch)

Reactions: Noctosphere

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
well, If I ever win a switch with those raffle, Ik what ill do with it
My sistra always wanted one, but she cant afford it because she just got a baby
So, even if no game comes with it, it will leass rough on the wallet to buy a game rather than a console
I won the first Switch, and gave it to my girlfriend since I had a launch Switch. Now we play Splatoon 2 together every Splatfest.

Reactions: Costello

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, the odds of rolling doubles on two, six-sided dice are 2.78%. When comparing to the 1.47% for the top prize, it doesn't seem that bad :).
When considering all five prizes, you are over 2.5x more likely to win something than rolling two sixes on a pair of dice!

Additionally, the raffles are held quarterly. If you pledge the minimum $2 for a whole year, that's only $24. The lowest prize is $25. You'll have four chances to win throughout the year, and if the number of patrons stays at 68, you'll have a 29.4% of getting all your money back and then some, at the very worst. Those odds are better than flipping a coin and getting heads twice in a row.

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, the odds of rolling doubles on two, six-sided dice are 2.78%. When comparing to the 1.47% for the top prize, it doesn't seem that bad :).
When considering all five prizes, you are over 2.5x more likely to win something than rolling two sixes on a pair of dice!

Additionally, the raffles are held quarterly. If you pledge the minimum $2 for a whole year, that's only $24. The lowest prize is $25. You'll have four chances to win throughout the year, and if the number of patrons stays at 68, you'll have a 29.4% of getting all your money back and then some, at the very worst.

Damn, you've really narrowed this down. Cheers.

Not_Bad_Reggie.gif

Reactions: GameSystem

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay! I don't know how Patreon works! Apparently there is a service fee of 2.9 percent, plus 35 cents on each pledge.
So each $2 pledge ends up being $2.41 per month, or $28.92 a year for the year.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I still think it's a fair gamble, at the very least.

EDIT: I read old information.

Last edited by GameSystem,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr