Next Assassin's Creed set in Brazil?

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ubisoft Brazil managing director says next entry in stealth-action series taking to South American country.
This can be a possibility. And the release date is not confirmed for around 2013. WAIT UP GUYS! The series and the mapping for this game is completely beautiful, so lets see if this happens and it works for us.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
The Brazilian source ( http://www.techtudo.com.br/jogos/no...ela-fase-brasileira-em-assassins-creed-3.html ) says that Ubisoft is sorry about the level set on Brazil (Assassins Creed 3) because they created a dirty scenario. Many Brazilians understood that the devs see Brazil like a big pile of trash, so as an excuse they will create a whole game set in Brazil.

By the way, the Brazilian source site is not reliable at all. 90% of their news is anti-apple and anti-nintendo news, and the most of these news are complete fake.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Brazilian source ( http://www.techtudo.com.br/jogos/no...ela-fase-brasileira-em-assassins-creed-3.html ) says that Ubisoft is sorry about the level set on Brazil (Assassins Creed 3) because they created a dirty scenario. Many Brazilians understood that the devs see Brazil like a big pile of trash, so as an excuse they will create a whole game set in Brazil.

By the way, the Brazilian source site is not reliable at all. 90% of their news is anti-apple and anti-nintendo news, and the most of these news are complete fake.
I love to make fans of sony / microsoft go mad with comments :lol:

I didn't liked the Brazil stage either.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

So like GBATemp?

Anyways, I say this to be false. I mean look at AC1, it had hints that an entry would take place in Feudal Japan or something, but nope, none of that happened.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I sure hope they'll not make the next AC set in Brazil. Everytime Brazil appears in some kind of media it is either characterized as a miserable and highly violent country or a colorful and festive country with people that do nothing useful or productive.
I am just tired of seeing my country stereotyped.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everytime [insert] appears in some kind of media it is either characterized as a miserable and highly violent country or a colorful and festive country with people that do nothing useful or productive.

No argument that Brazil is probably not portrayed the way it really is... then again nowhere is given a fair shake by various media formats.

On my slightly tweaked version of your post replace [insert] with almost any major city (for the purposes of this exercise I am assuming financial markets are not useful or productive)- is L.A. just Hollywood orbiting around South Central, how about Las Vegas?

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
I sure hope they'll not make the next AC set in Brazil. Everytime Brazil appears in some kind of media it is either characterized as a miserable and highly violent country or a colorful and festive country with people that do nothing useful or productive.

I'd like to see an AC set in Poland. No assassin could survive here.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
We do live in a "miserable and highly violent country" and in fact here it is a "colorful and festive country with people that do nothing useful or productive". So I dont blame the Devs. By the way, cities like Miami and Los Angeles are always "characterized as a miserable and highly violent cities or a colorful and festive places", Japan always have Sumo guys walking around, Russian are always related with Weapons..............................................

By the way, if the devs do not use stereotypes to build games, they will build nothing. There is no available time to teach History, Sociology and a lot of boring stuff to every game designer. Racism I cant accept, but I dont blame the devs for any stereotype. I only blame them for charge high prices for their games here and give no costumer support.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By the way, if the devs do not use stereotypes to build games, they will build nothing. There is no available time to teach History, Sociology and a lot of boring stuff to every game designer.

I have still yet to play any of the games past the second (and a tiny go at some of the handheld versions) but for those they did go above and beyond as far as history and such goes compared to most. Whether it ultimately made a better game or not is a different matter though. You could probably also argue more of the intended audience has a passing familiarity with crusades era holy lands and Renaissance Italy (them being two of the major focal points when teaching history to Europe, Australia and North America and all) and for North America at least the North Americans probably know something where few would know anything about Brazil (hint for others reading- no Mayans or Aztecs really).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night