Newsgroup

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by qusai, Apr 11, 2007.

Apr 11, 2007

Newsgroup by qusai at 1:07 AM (595 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. qusai
    OP

Member qusai GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ok, once this semester is over I'm planning on subscribing to Giganews, I figure since I used to play World of Warcraft and quit that, it's money I would have spent on WoW but now it's going to a good cause [​IMG]
    Anyways, I pretty much don't know anything about newsgroups but I have a 6mb/s connection so I'm planning on going for either Diamond or Platinum but I don't know what SSL means. Bah, as I'm righting this i noticed that diamond included SSL and its cheaper.
    Also got another question though, I'm on a mac and want to know what good newsreaders there are.
    When I was setting up some random one it asked for 2 servers, one mail server and some other one, I'm guessing Giganews would go into the first but what is the mail server?
    Thanks in advance.
    EDIT: Also, is the wii group abgwii or whatever blocked by giganews?

2. Perseid

Member Perseid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nothing is blocked by Giganews. It's beautiful. And that would have nothing to do with mail server. That's dependent on your ISP. If you just want to download binaries you can leave it blank.

3. qusai
    OP

Member qusai GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ok cool, thanks man.
    I'll probably have more questions once I subscribe to it so I'll be back soon [​IMG]

4. DvDrmann

Newcomer DvDrmann Advanced Member

Canada
    Here's a great site for every question about Newsgroups:

Slyck.com

Also, I use a PC but i've heard Unison for Mac is a good newsreader.

Good luck [​IMG]