[NEWS] Ryujinx now plays Sonic Mania at FULL SPEED

Emulation scene is also moving along fast.

The Switch Emulator Ryujinx now runs Sonic Mania at full speed, with no sound issues and even 3D sections work.

https://ryujinx.github.io/

upload_2018-5-30_2-4-23.png

D

Deleted-442439

OP
That's... Stunning. Is RyujiNX actually progressing faster than Yuzu?

Depends, some things work better on Yuzu and vice versa. Yuzu had Mania running first, but the performance is not even close to Ryujinx now. Even Odyssey is getting close to rendering the progress is insane in both camps.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good luck with that, since emulators fall under fair use as per copyright law, soooooo......

That hasn't stopped Nintendo yet at least from a YouTube perspective, which TBH gameplay videos are way lesser of a grey area legally then emulators, so I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to at least try their hand at halting the progress one way, or another.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well hot damn, Mario Odyssey is now also booting!

View attachment 126796

Well, well... I think we have some big progress then, I mean Sonic Mania is a multiplat not really all that special to emulate more of a demo then anything else, but a 1st Party Game is big news even if it isn't in the best state ATM

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That hasn't stopped Nintendo yet at least from a YouTube perspective, which TBH gameplay videos are way lesser of a grey area legally then emulators, so I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to at least try their hand at halting the progress one way, or another.

Legally, they can't do squat to stop emulation, as again, hardware cannot be copyrighted under US law, and emulators are considered original works, so good luck. It seems almost as if people want Nintendo to C&D this emulator.

Reactions: Proto-Propski

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night