Hacking News: New Stargate 3DS flashcart

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using a tongue-out smiley emoticon though! That means I'm just playing around :(

Wait, you use AMD? :D:lol::rofl::rofl::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
No that was an example. I use Nvidia products and Intel for my CPU's. Even so I won't crucify someone for using AMD or whatever. They have a personal preference just as you do. Would you like it if I said what you want or like is stupid?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that was an example. I use Nvidia products and Intel for my CPU's. Even so I won't crucify someone for using AMD or whatever. They have a personal preference just as you do. Would you like it if I said what you want or like is stupid?
Again, re-read my posts with a much calmer voice please. I'm not mocking you.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, re-read my posts with a much calmer voice please. I'm not mocking you.
I am calm, all I am doing is trying to prove a point here not only to you but to everyone else reading (unless you think you are too good and all knowing to read this of course lol). That is only my intent.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes the company made a couple mistakes, I won't defend them either on that. HOWEVER I will say that nobody really has a right to complain. One nobody here has one yet, you are judging a book by its cover, dissing before you try it yourself. Two how do you know how this flashcart will be, again do you own one, no you do not, don't ASSUME you know based off of information that was given because there could be more to it than what we know. Three are you making any flashcarts, I think not, are you having problems, no you are just the judgmental consumer. Until you can do something yourself, in this case make a flashcart, don't talk lol. Again the company made a couple mistakes, delaying it's release and not informing us with what has been going on, yea I can see a reason to be upset, but that doesn't justify a reason to attack people who still want to get it lol. Why does it matter to you if others want it, see what I am saying? I am not mad of course, if anything I am in a really good mood. I just wanted to get this point across before others start getting bent out of shape.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All i'm saying is that, for what it can do it's a fair price, if we assume sky3ds(+) is a fair price.

Whether or not you should get one is another matter.

To stay legal you must do your own dumps. as far as I know, you need CFW for that, though I could be wrong. Owning the cart doesn't give you the legal right to download someone else's archival copy. you have to make it yourself.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All i'm saying is that, for what it can do it's a fair price, if we assume sky3ds(+) is a fair price.

Whether or not you should get one is another matter.

To stay legal you must do your own dumps. as far as I know, you need CFW for that, though I could be wrong. Owning the cart doesn't give you the legal right to download someone else's archival copy. you have to make it yourself.
Yea....nobody really cares for that all to much, we may have a few individuals that care (good luck getting 6000+ DS games which includes regional copies in hand). We do what we have to to keep our entertainment alive :P.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

FreddyTheMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I see a bit of controversy here. From what I gather, this card right here would be a plug and play solution with no effort required on the user's part except searching for the ROMs, am I right? No hacking to do, no custom firmware and so on. But someone says this isn't, in fact, the best plug and play solution. How so? I'm looking for a really simple card that would just play the games (mainly DS and 3DS) with minimal effort on my part, are there better options to do so, compared to this Stargate?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I see a bit of controversy here. From what I gather, this card right here would be a plug and play solution with no effort required on the user's part except searching for the ROMs, am I right? No hacking to do, no custom firmware and so on. But someone says this isn't, in fact, the best plug and play solution. How so? I'm looking for a really simple card that would just play the games (mainly DS and 3DS) with minimal effort on my part, are there better options to do so, compared to this Stargate?
People are judging it before they even get their hands on it, nobody really knows for sure. That's why I said what I said earlier about people not really having much of a right to complain about it.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who want to keep their system stock and run .3ds roms, it is indeed the cheapest and best solution.

But if you are wiling to hack, there are much cheaper options.

The cart is somewhat unique in that it runs both 3ds and DS roms.

FreddyTheMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For those who want to keep their system stock and run .3ds roms, it is indeed the cheapest and best solution.

But if you are wiling to hack, there are much cheaper options.

The cart is somewhat unique in that it runs both 3ds and DS roms.

Mmmh, sounds good to me. I was looking for the simplest solution to play those games so it looks like it's right up my alley. I'm absolutely inept with more advanced operations and I wouldn't really want to hack the system.

Do these cards have problems when Nintendo updates the system?

Anyway I think I could buy this, I'll se what people will say when it is actually released.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
LOL yeah ive been out of the scene a good while and wasnt the smartest, but I found GW to be simple and safe. I didnt bother with NTR o
You can make a dual-boot setup with both luma and gateway, all while keeping b9s installed
Here's how I did it, but there's another way which doesn't involve two SD cards

Honestly the "it's just plug & play" talk is just over stating the difficulty of installing CFW. They are making it sound like you need to know about elliptic curve cryptography in order to hack your 3DS for CFW, which is 100% bullshit.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's a plug and play solution AND it provides the equipment needed to install CFW. If you're installing CFW you don't need the plug and play solution and if you want the plug and play solution you don't need to install CFW. It is providing extra stuff which no one would ever need, and making you pay for it. So, it will be a waste of money no matter what you want it for.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a plug and play solution AND it provides the equipment needed to install CFW. If you're installing CFW you don't need the plug and play solution and if you want the plug and play solution you don't need to install CFW. It is providing extra stuff which no one would ever need, and making you pay for it. So, it will be a waste of money no matter what you want it for.
It could be used for emulators and what not if the CPU in the flashcart is any good, it could have good potential like the DSTWO/DSTWO+ you never know. Knowing you can play 3DS games on this to you could definitely save space on your console for things like VC games and what not. The price seems a bit high however not everyone wants CFW either, so in my book this has some use, especially for Old 2DS/3DS owners (maybe even the New 2DS/3DS owners if the CPU turns out to be better than the new models, doubt it but you never know). Comparing this to a Sky3DS+ the Stargate 3DS is worth the buy since it's cheaper than the Sky3DS+ and it lets you do more things than just playing 3DS games. If you look at it at a space conservative standpoint, it is good because then you won't have to worry about 2DS/3DS space (I am aware people can just buy a microSD card for it but even so, why do that for the console, just slap it in the flashcart and be on your way with that), if you look at it at a hardware point it's definitely good for Old 2DS/3DS owners as I already stated, last but not least the NTRboothax which is useful for installing CFW on any 2DS/3DS console. So to be honest I don't see how it is a waste of money. Most flashcarts are indeed much cheaper however none of them (besides DSTWO/DSTWO+) have a good CPU that could do wondrous things, majority of those cheap ones can't play 3DS games either (currently it isn't really a problem if it doesn't however it is a good added bonus for those that don't want to buy multiple microSD cards to swap with on their consoles). Again NONE OF YOU OWN ONE, so quit judging before you even get the chance to try it yourself.

This is to everyone, STOP JUDGING A BOOK BY ITS COVER. I know for a fact your parents or grandparents told you this sometime in your life, they didn't say it for their own health lol. Judging it by a price perspective doesn't work in every situation, you need to look at all the information first and make comparisons to other brands of products. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, HOWEVER, you can't make one based off of assumptions and accusations. That makes it completely inaccurate and it does tend to rub other consumers the wrong way to the point they start to think the same way without trying it for themselves.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacking a 3DS is trivial and can be done for as cheaply as $10 on the latest firmware assuming you don't already have a compatible DS flashcart (and free on 11.3 or below).

"Plug and play" carts had their place when the latest firmware couldn't be hacked and when installing CFW actually was a complex process. It is not at all a complex process anymore.

Reactions: Zidapi

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacking a 3DS is trivial and can be done for as cheaply as $10 on the latest firmware assuming you don't already have a compatible DS flashcart (and free on 11.3 or below).

"Plug and play" carts had their place when the latest firmware couldn't be hacked and when installing CFW actually was a complex process. It is not at all a complex process anymore.
You still avoid talking about the other features it has, including the ability to play DS games. So two features are "useless" (maybe for you but not for others). You guys need to quit pushing your preference and opinion about it to other people, not everyone HAS to think like you nor should they have to.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It could be used for emulators and what not if the CPU in the flashcart is any good,
You could buy a $10 flashcart for this. I doubt they are going to squeeze a processor like the DSTwo in there (there's only so much room in a little cart - that would be three carts, ntrboot DS flashcart, Sky3DS, and DSTwo if they did, so very unlikely) so it will just do what a normal DS flashcart can do which you could do for $10.

Knowing you can play 3DS games on this to you could definitely save space on your console
why would you pay $100 to save space when you could buy a larger SD for like $20

not everyone wants CFW
Then why pay extra for a cart that allows you to install it? Why not just get a Sky3DS?

Comparing this to a Sky3DS+ the Stargate 3DS is worth the buy since it's cheaper than the Sky3DS
Are you sure? If it is cheaper and someone wanted a Sky3DS anyway (not that anyone would recommend it but it is their choice) then it could be ok to buy - getting extra stuff for less price. I really didn't think it would be cheaper but it would be nice to be wrong about that!!

You still avoid talking about the other features it has, including the ability to play DS games. So two features are "useless" (maybe for you but not for others). You guys need to quit pushing your preference and opinion about it to other people, not everyone HAS to think like you nor should they have to.
You can play DS games with a $10 ntrboot capable flashcart so this isn't really an important feature worth celebrating.

Reactions: astronautlevel

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could buy a $10 flashcart for this. I doubt they are going to squeeze a processor like the DSTwo in there (there's only so much room in a little cart - that would be three carts, ntrboot DS flashcart, Sky3DS, and DSTwo if they did, so very unlikely) so it will just do what a normal DS flashcart can do which you could do for $10.

why would you pay $100 to save space when you could buy a larger SD for like $20

Then why pay extra for a cart that allows you to install it? Why not just get a Sky3DS?

Are you sure? If it is cheaper and someone wanted a Sky3DS anyway (not that anyone would recommend it but it is their choice) then it could be ok to buy - getting extra stuff for less price. I really didn't think it would be cheaper but it would be nice to be wrong about that!!
"why would you pay $100 to save space when you could buy a larger SD for like $20"
Not all places sell it for $100, some places sell it for $80-$87. There is more than one trusted vendor in this world you know lol. Yea I can see the point with the whole MicroSD card for $20, you could be using that on your console for other things other than games that are like a whole gigabyte or more (Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are 3.4 GB all by themselves, why waste that when you could use that amount of space for VC games or something else smaller?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Then why pay extra for a cart that allows you to install it? Why not just get a Sky3DS?"
People could change their mind later on and want to install CFW, the point is NTRboothax is there for you to use anytime. Try making that decision when you have a Sky3DS/Sky3DS+, you willing to buy ANOTHER flashcart just to install CFW (buying both flashcarts will be up to $100 or more total). Why have two flashcarts like that when NTRboothax and 3DS game compatibility are all in one and then some.

So they may not want to install it. Alright can a Sky3DS/Sky3DS+ play DS games, no. You can't even use homebrew applications on it, it is strictly used for 3DS games. Sky3DS is about $70, Sky3DS+ is about $95-$100. $95-$100 (from all the vendors I have looked through they are either $95-$100) just for 3DS games versus a card that does that and then some, hmmmm I wonder. Even if the Stargate 3DS was strictly $100 it is a better deal even then since again it does more than the Sky3DS/Sky3DS+.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are you sure? If it is cheaper and someone wanted a Sky3DS anyway (not that anyone would recommend it but it is their choice) then it could be ok to buy - getting extra stuff for less price. I really didn't think it would be cheaper but it would be nice to be wrong about that!!"
Sky3DS/Sky3DS+ only plays 3DS games, that's it. You can find one between $70-$80 (Sky3DS) $95-$100 (Sky3DS+).
Stargate 3DS plays 3DS games, DS games, and other various games for various emulators (like the DSTWO, hopefully better). That ranges from $80-$100 (depends on the vendor). Not all the features are useless to every consumer. Everyone benefits somehow with all the features it has.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu