Hacking News: New Stargate 3DS flashcart

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally i got my Stargate 3DS Card today. So far everything works fine. Have anyone tried to run SNES games with the card?

-snip-
They will only either work with a custom firmware and NTRBoot or with the 3DS homebrew launcher (that you can launch with a cubic ninja rom). DS homebrew can't save to the SD with the current kernel (and reading is not officially supported either).

SolidSnake120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got my Stargate 3ds, I have the NDS games running fine but I'm having issues with 3DS games and I'm not sure if they are the rom files or the card. The 3DS games I've put on my card don't show up and in the nds menu they are there but without their icon and won't run. Does that sound like they aren't good 3DS files? Also, holy crap, finding 3ds roms is a lot more of a headache than nds ones!

Rulexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I just got my Stargate 3ds, I have the NDS games running fine but I'm having issues with 3DS games and I'm not sure if they are the rom files or the card. The 3DS games I've put on my card don't show up and in the nds menu they are there but without their icon and won't run. Does that sound like they aren't good 3DS files? Also, holy crap, finding 3ds roms is a lot more of a headache than nds ones!
You have to go to the 3ds mode by pushing the two Buttons together. Than the card switched from the nds mode into the normal 3ds mode. Hope it will help you.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk

SolidSnake120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to go to the 3ds mode by pushing the two Buttons together. Than the card switched from the nds mode into the normal 3ds mode. Hope it will help you.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk

Even in the 3DS mode no Icons or anything shows up, the sound pauses for a second and then nothing.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally i got my Stargate 3DS Card today. So far everything works fine. Have anyone tried to run SNES games with the card?

View attachment 110181

None of the advertised emulators are available yet. Only 3DS (some not all) and DS games work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are the files in .cia or .3ds format? For me only .3ds works fine. In .cia i also get no icons in the menu.

The Stargate 3DS can only play .3ds and .nds files. .CIA files are installation files and need a custom firmware to be installed. So NO the Stargate does not support .Cia files.
Also when you insert .3DS files and they stay blanc than it means your Region is to blame.

Also: I still have my card. I could return it and get my initial money back (so 85 euro) but the shipping is 15 euro at a minimum. So then I would be left with 85 - 30 (shipping to me and back) 55 euro. I'll take my gamble then.

Last edited by BvanBart,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Oh sorry, not everybody has a knowledge like you. And yes i have no knowledge about cfw, hacking or what else. That's why i bought a flashcard.
can you tell me how yo even knew about this card? it still very new card, maybe buying a sky3ds plus was better for you.
also, if you bought it from a site, is there a card that install NTRboot to the 3DS from that site? it strange that you didn't search before you bought that card.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm... isn't the whole deal with the Stargate that not only can it work in .nds and .3ds mode, but it is also ntrboot compatible? It should be trivial to install b9s/cfw. Except... glancing at the home page doesn't reveal any instructions. Half-arsed crap from the GW team as usual. Does it have an in-game cheat menu like GW? Or I guess the question would be, will the GW launcher work with it (on a b9s/fastboot3ds system) for the rom selection and cheat menu?

Rulexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe buying a sky3ds plus was better for you.

But the price is nearly the same. So why don't buy the new generation? Yes, may there are more possible options with this card which i never use. Also the option to play emulators was important for me. But it was difficult to find information what all is possible with this card. And how it works.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
But the price is nearly the same. So why don't buy the new generation? Yes, may there are more possible options with this card which i never use. Also the option to play emulators was important for me. But it was difficult to find information what all is possible with this card. And how it works.
what was the site you bought it from?

D

Deleted User

umm... isn't the whole deal with the Stargate that not only can it work in .nds and .3ds mode, but it is also ntrboot compatible? It should be trivial to install b9s/cfw. Except... glancing at the home page doesn't reveal any instructions. Half-arsed crap from the GW team as usual. Does it have an in-game cheat menu like GW? Or I guess the question would be, will the GW launcher work with it (on a b9s/fastboot3ds system) for the rom selection and cheat menu?

It's ntrboot compatible and it just works out of the box. Just boot your 3ds with the magnet and button combo while the Stargate 3DS is in the card slot.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought one. And here is a small review about my sample. Hence: it is OK :mellow:

I ordered it on the "official" Stargate 3DS store. Also paid a little extra so it would be on time before the holidays. My thoughts where: when I buy a flashcard I do not need to softmod my 3DS so the warranty would not be void.
So yesterday the guy from DHL delivered the package on time.

> Box and content of package
I received the package and opened it. Nice! Free goodies :D! The shopkeeper send me a free screen protector for the 3DS XL.
The box looks ok and is made from ROHS paper... so they think about perserving nature!
Inside I found the Stargate 3DS and the Micro SD USB stick. The Stargate 3DS logo is branded on the USB reader.

The card itself feels a little flimsy. The buttons on the bottom feel very lose. When I press to right it clicks, when I press to the left it makes no sound and I already wonder if it's broken.
We'll see...

View attachment 109044 View attachment 109045

> Installation and putting games on the MicroSD
The card is already pre-installed with the latest Firmware (1.0 at this moment).
There is an update available for the DS mode but for now we have nothing else to update.
You can download the DS files from their website.

Games can not be put in a folder. This is a real bummer for me. I really like to keep things tidy and organised... but this just will become a mess.

I downloaded some games from various websites so I hoped I could play them.

View attachment 109046 View attachment 109047

> Compatibility and playing games
The compatibility should be fair when a new flashcard is launched. I knew the newest Pokemon games did not run yet... so I tried some older games.

3DS games:
Brain Training: Runs great!
Castlevania - Mirror of Fate: Runs great!
Hyrule Warriors Legends: Runs great!
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Runs great!
Mario & Luigi - Dream Team Bros: Runs great!
Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga Bowsers Minions: Runs great!
Metroid Prime - Federation Force: Runs great!
Monster Hunter Stories: Runs great! (import save even works from the demo)
Nintendogs and Cats: Runs great!
Paper Mario Sticker Star: Runs great!
Pokemon Ultra Sun: Creates error on card! Make sure you have another small card with at least one other game on it to fix this problem!
Pokemon Y: Runs great!
Proffesor Layton and the Miracle Mask: Runs great!
Rayman 3D: Runs great!
Sonic Generations: Runs great!
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS: Runs great!
The Legend of Zelda - Tri Force Heroes: Runs great!
Xenoblade Chronicles: Runs great!
Yoshi's New Island: Runs great!

DS games:
Metroid Prime Hunters: Runs great!
Iridion: Runs great!​

> Customer service and aftercare
When you buy a flashcard at the "official store" you would suggest that you can just mail the team behind it. But that was far from the truth.
For my questions I can mail to [email protected] but when I bought the cartridge and I wanted to return it because it looks like mine is not working as it should
I needed to contact my supplier. (not so "official" anymore).Also the supplier has a typo on almost every page: instead of using @gmail.com he uses @gamil.com.
The supplier has not answered my mail yet... He offered me after 3 weeks(!!) that I return the card and he will give me a refund. The problem there is that it costs a lot
to send something back with tracking.

> Final verdict and advise

I am very pleased to say that my second opinion is OK with the Stargate. It still is pretty fragile but it manages to play almost all the roms I want.
Now I am waiting for the first update so I can play Pokemon Ultra Sun and Metroid.

My advise for now... order only when you do not want the hassle of a softmod (if there is one I don't know... but it sounds more promising then this card) you could buy this card.
But this is not made for clumsy people or small children.

> Overall score: 8/10

I updated my review! :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's ntrboot compatible and it just works out of the box. Just boot your 3ds with the magnet and button combo while the Stargate 3DS is in the card slot.
ok. That's cool and all, but there still needs to be instructions. What exactly does the ntrboot... boot? does it boot a menu that lets you simply select a .firm to boot, or does it automatically look for sd:/boot.firm?

EDIT: Ok, I see you mention you can run Luma directly with ntrboot... so I'm guessing it's hard coded to load boot.firm then. Shame. Setting up a system is so much faster using ntrboot.firm to load safeb9sinstaller (or openfirminstaller). Face it, nobody wants to carry a magnet around with them to be able to load CFW...

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Zidapi

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. That's cool and all, but there still needs to be instructions. What exactly does the ntrboot... boot? does it boot a menu that lets you simply select a .firm to boot, or does it automatically look for sd:/boot.firm?
you need to know what ntr is, if you have it installed or not, if not then you dont need to do anything, if you do again you need to know more about what ntr is and user already posted above how to do it.

this is not stargate this is ntr feature to boot.

all you need to know for the card to work is download its firmware files, copy to sd card, insert sd card into stargate, insert stargate to console and good to go.

if you have cfw or other features installed to your console then you need to read up on the cfw or what ever what features it has.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.