Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GJ on the updates!
biggrin.gif

Man, some people really do pwn at MarioKart, I can't play for shit unless it's in babypark!
biggrin.gif

Try beating my record! 00.52.224!
biggrin.gif

That is a pretty whicked time
bow.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Will registrations still be open when the changes come?
A forum, only open to members, that closes registrations, is only setting out to orchestrate its own downfall.

GBAtemp is booming, and there's nothing to be gained from shutting registrations. We have only done that once or twice in our history, and both for very dramatic reasons (like a huge database backup).

We'll remain open, and remain free. The portal remains open to everyone, but to participate in the discussions -- even as a bystander -- you must register.

By the way, I don't own a DS, nor do I plan on buying one (university budget means my money has to go elsewhere), but events like this make me question that decision.

-Tempest out.-

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whilst I'm excited at the prospect of playing in a MK tournament and playing against people when it has some meaning attached I'm wary as to how it will be organised and run. 
grog.gif

What will be the go regarding playing times and time zone differences?

How will matches be organised so that only the people that are meant to play each other actually hook up together?

All your questions are good, and they have answers - all will be revealed in good time.
smile.gif

No problem Qrayzie, just wondering, even more so now!
laugh.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whilst I'm excited at the prospect of playing in a MK tournament and playing against people when it has some meaning attached I'm wary as to how it will be organised and run.Â
grog.gif

How will matches be organised so that only the people that are meant to play each other actually hook up together?

We will be writing everyone's name down on a piece of paper and putting them in a hat. We will then throw the hat away and randomly make up a name. If that name exists a user here on GBAtemp, they are then entered into the contest. From there, we then ban all of those members and give the prize to our mothers who in return will make us hot cocoa.

Smef

The GbaTemp Hitchhiker
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.smefworks.com
XP
Country
United States
We will be writing everyone's name down on a piece of paper and putting them in a hat. We will then throw the hat away and randomly make up a name. If that name exists a user here on GBAtemp, they are then entered into the contest. From there, we then ban all of those members and give the prize to our mothers who in return will make us hot cocoa.

QFT

That's how things usually get done around here.

For the art contests, we used to print out each picture and put them each in a seprate dog bowl. We then placed the bowls in a line, and a dog in front of all the bowls. Whichever piece the dog ate first won the contest, because it was obviously the best.

EDIT: On another note, this is my 1,000th post!!

three years and 15 days!

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whilst I'm excited at the prospect of playing in a MK tournament and playing against people when it has some meaning attached I'm wary as to how it will be organised and run. 
grog.gif

rofl2.gif
We'll thats how I would have done it but I thought I would check anyways
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: