News Channel issue since wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by teapea, Mar 23, 2007.

Mar 23, 2007
  1. teapea
    OP

Newcomer teapea Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Installed the wiikey and all seems to be OK with the world.

Connect24 thing seems fine as if i turn it off and try to go to weather it says it's off. So i enable it go back in and it's fine. Same things with the news.

However when i went to download the news, it said it couldn't.

The internet connection is fine, i can shop in the wii shop, i can use opera browser etc.

Tried it loads of times since i've installed this chip but still get the problem.

any ideas? is the news server just down at the moment, or has something more sinister occured?

2. DEF-

Member DEF- GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I would guess that its just a problem with Nintendo internet services, and no with you installing your Wiikey.

But would be good to hear if anyone have a similair problem or such.

Let us know if you other guys find anything similair [​IMG]

3. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    I'm just guessing, but check your clock is set correctly.

4. Soybomb

Newcomer Soybomb Advanced Member

I'm lazy and had a bunch of internet related post key problems. I backed up my mii's and save data, formatted the wii (don't remove wiishop data), and then reconfigured my lan, downloaded vc games again, etc. Everything worked great, took maybe 15 minutes total. I'd try that first. Ymmv.

5. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I thought one of the format warnings said it would erase the Shop data, and thus games, points remaining, etc. It also said you'd be unable to restore channels/games downloaded even though you can save them to the SD card.

I just decided the news wasn't that vital to lose what I've already accumulated on it... But you say it still kept the data, and you only need to redownload VC games?

6. Soybomb

Newcomer Soybomb Advanced Member

When you confirm the format it warns you that you should delete the shop data too. I just did a format without going out to delete shop data, reconfigured wifi, copied mii's back over, and then went into wiishop and everything I already bought was available to redownload. The warning is far more ominous and unclear than it should be.