GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi...
basicaly the meteo channel just stopped getting new info (it's blocked the day before modding the wii) and the news channel give me an error "news000006"
i know this is a old problem but i tried the solution of switching region and accepting the contract and it didn't work
here is what i did
- change region to united kingdom
- access wii24 setting
- accept the contract
- wii return to menu
- change region back
- access wii24 setting
- accept the contract
- wii return to menu
- turn off the wii
- turn on the wii
- go to everybody votes channel
- set the region back
- try to access new channel
- still doesn't work
i don't think i'm doing something wrong? someone else suggested into reformatting the wii but i don't want to format my wii as i don't have an SD card to backup my save and i don't want to bother with redownloading the firmware and the channel again

ArAcHnId

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
do you have the latest firmware on your wii? because they updated the news en meteo channel, like a while back (i think?)

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If you're so insistent on not buying an SD card to back up your Miis and saves, then just buy a new Wii. It'll save you that horrible headache.
evil.gif

Yes, only formatting will fix it, if you want the news/weather that badly. Formatting does not revert your firmware version though, you will still be at the same version you had before. You will only need to download things from the shopping channel (WiiWare and VC games).

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah thanks for the help... i don't really care that much about the news/meteo channel to format all but i'll fix it sooner or later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte