newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
version 1.1 is up for download, changes mentioned above. download from here; http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Newo_Sky

screenshot_20171021172207.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the original version 1 of the app does have a auto update feature. once the update completes you have to quit and restart the homebrew to see the new version. enjoy, and let me know of any bugs or feature requests.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I might have some free time coming up net month any suggestions on what I should "try" to work on? Or should I do any update for one of my older homebrew? Or should I start something totally new?
Hi again. I am back after a really long hiatus (had to migrate). I will be testing this and Newo Fox!

Reactions: newo

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I might have some free time coming up net month any suggestions on what I should "try" to work on? Or should I do any update for one of my older homebrew? Or should I start something totally new?
@newo! I got to say, i find Newo Fox one of the most cool looking and beautiful original homebrew games i have played on the Wii. Very well done. It's a shame for me that i could not play this the moment it got out, like i did with Newo Sky.

The Star Fox vibe is very present. It feels and plays really nice. May i suggest adding tilting to the ship, and maybe even barrel roll? B-). I find myself trying to do it and pressing the L/R buttons every minute :lol:

BTW, i can help you complete a spanish translation, and maybe even music, if you happen to like any of my tracks. Lemme know what you think.

Will there be more options? Enemies? More collisions? Power ups?

Nice job! :yay:

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: newo

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Thank you for appreciating my work. Always glad to have a satisfied homebrew player! :)

Yes, I have been trying to make a starfox clone for ages and this is the best I have done so far. Newoshooter was my original attempt roughly 7 years ago.

I will think about adding a barrel roll the next time I look at updating the code.

I think there is already a spanish translation in the language menu. The game checks the language of your wii and automatically selects that one but it can be manually changed.

There are 4 difficultys so far but I am definitely looking into ways to make the game harder (since people have complained about it). If you have any suggestions I will be glad to hear them. What more collissions would you like to see?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I will think about adding a barrel roll the next time I look at updating the code.
Nice to know! Something to look forward to for a future release.

I think there is already a spanish translation in the language menu. The game checks the language of your wii and automatically selects that one but it can be manually changed.
Yeah, though i set it manually, since my Wii is already in English by choice, and was checking to see how natural it sounded. I noticed that it is pretty incomplete, hence my offer to translate everything, even if there isn't a ton of text.

There are 4 difficultys so far but I am definitely looking into ways to make the game harder (since people have complained about it). If you have any suggestions I will be glad to hear them. What more collissions would you like to see?
Oh, to be more specific, the ship seems to go through many of the supposed obstacles (without any damage), which kinda lowers the difficulty, since the enemy ships don't seem to attack per se. Also, the boss dies very quickly (doesn't seem to fire back, either?), but it's okey, i guess is because it is a work in progress that keeps getting better whenever you got the time to improve it.

P.S.: the boss rush is a pretty nice option!

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
There are some obstacles in the game that are "decorations" especially in the ground levels. The trees and plants are not collidable at all but I will try to tighten up the collisions on the big objects. The enemy ships do not fire on purpose. I might need to add a new enemy type that shoots.

This is the translation table (not really alot of text in the game);

{ //English
"CONTINUE", "RESTART",
"OPTIONS", "EXIT GAME",
"COLOURS", "RESET ALL",
"SCREENSHOT", "BACKGROUND",
"RANDOM", "LANGUAGE", "ACHIEVEMENTS", "LEADERBOARD" , "DIFFICULTY", "LEVEL", "THANK YOU FOR PLAYING"
};

{ //spanish
"CONTINUAR", "REINICIAR",
"OPCIONES", "EXIT GAME",
"COLORES", "RESET ALL",
"CAPTURA DE PANTALLA", "BACKGROUND",
"RANDOM", "IDIOMA", "LOGROS", "MARCADOR", "DIFICULTAD", "NIVEL", "GRACIAS POR JUGAR"
};

Reactions: Hakaisha

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, when i tried on Dolphin it seemed like the view was always pointing downward (using FreeLook I was able to change the direction and see the world). I may have done something wrong.

But I watched a video and saw enough screenshots to really appreciate the visual style. Nice work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all