Newly purchaed Acekard 2i goes to black screen with error

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by jbloggs, Jan 4, 2011.

1. jbloggs
    OP

Newcomer jbloggs Member

United Kingdom
    I just received a new Acekard 2i which I purchased from Lightake. After setting it up per the instruction in one of the sticky threads, I inserted the card into the DSi and upon turing on the DSi it immediately goes to a black screen with an error

After reading around, it seems that it could be because my DSi is 1.4U and the Acekard 2i has not been updated as promised by Lightake on their site that it would be ( Last time I buy anything from Lightake.) OR maybe the card is bad. What action can I take next as I don't have the orig DS or the DS Lite? Is there away to find out if its actually a bad card?

Help would be much appreciated.

2. R A W R

Newcomer R A W R Member

United States
    Its Not The Card Check Your Dsi Firmware If Its 1.4 Or Over Then You Need To Do The Fix You Only Get The Error Because Of Your Firmware Try Buying It From A Seller That Pre-Flashes It For 1.4 And Over

3. jbloggs
    OP

Newcomer jbloggs Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks. I did buy it from a seller (Lightake) who says that all Acekards 2i they sell from November have been updated to work with 1.4U (and above).

4. R A W R

Newcomer R A W R Member

United States
    Hmmmm What Does It Say On Your Dsi Does It Say Danny Phantom Or Alex Rider?

5. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If it is up dated try sticking it in the slot and lightly tap the card and it if seems to lose connection, saying no card inserted in ds, you might need to do the paper trick to it, I bought one of the first acekard 2i's and I need to do the paper trick to make the pcb contacts stay snug against the ds. Just search "acekard 2i paper trick"

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Don't have a DSi so I can't say for sure, but I think that error means that the card is blocked.
    You should just be able to update it to 1.4.1 using a DS/DSlite.

It could also be bricked (it's not unheard of for these places not to test their cards after an update), which could be fixed by running the 1.4.1 "DSl" update from a DS/DSLite on a different card and swapping the in the AK2i when it says to.

7. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Yeah. Use a DS Lite (or a DSi running FW 1.3 or below) and update it for the 1.4.1 AP. Then it should work.

Alternatively, shutdown the DSi, re-insert the AK2i, and try again. Sometimes my legit SoulSilver does that for no reason too.

8. GMTN

Newcomer GMTN Member

Canada
    I'm a new customer there and I had the same problem. It's the translation. What they mean is, it CAN be updated to work, but they didn't do it.

I also had another from lighttake that didn't work at all. They say they will send a replacement so we'll see.

9. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Does the icon on the DSi menu show the Acekard icon or a THQ game? If it says "Acekard 2i" in the menu, it's not updated. If it has Danny Phantom or Alex Rider in the DSi menu, then there's either a connection problem or the Acekard is dead. If you're using 1.4.1 though, only the Alex Rider Acekards should work.

10. Lightake

Member Lightake GBAtemp Regular

China
    Acekard team told us new acekard 2i produced after October 2010 is compatible with 1.4.1 , but recently some buyer reported the acekard 2i they got from us needed to upgrade to work on 1.4.1 DSi . I think there are still some old acekard 2i remains in the market and our warehouse ... So OP please just upgrade the ak2i to 1.4.1 with NDS Lite . Sorry for the inconvenience.

11. licit

Newcomer licit Newbie

United States
    I ordered an Acekard2i from Lightake on Dec. 30. Got here today. Came pre-flashed 1.4.1. No problems at all. Everything is working great! Will order from them again.

12. Invghost

Newcomer Invghost Advanced Member

Australia
    TC said he doesn't have a Lite or Phat.

The only way to fix it is to rent one from a video store, borrow one from a friend or buy one and then take it back for a refund.

13. KingLord

Newcomer KingLord Newbie

United States
    I didn't purchase from Lightake but I had exactly the same problem. I purchased a "Christmas Edition" Acekard 2i that claimed to be updated to work with 1.4 and over, but when they put it in their DSi it showed an Acekard 2i logo meaning it wasn't updated at all. I don't like how they packaged older Acekards in 2010 Christmas packaging to help move them out, where if I bought a "regular" edition I would have probably got a newer card. No friends with any systems I can update this card on, so I essentially gave a brick for Christmas. Guess I'll have to do the DS Lite purchase/return trick just to get this card to work. :\

14. Lightake

Member Lightake GBAtemp Regular

China
    Thanks for your feed back . Some acekard 2i in our warehouse are pre-flashed and others are not .