Newly hacked PSP 1000- ISO files work perfectly, but only some EBOOT files work

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by treeman, Oct 27, 2016.

1. treeman
    OP

treeman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    United States
    So I downloaded a bunch of PSX games in eboot format, put them on my memory card per instructions online. When I boot up my PSP, I show a lot of "corrupted files" on the memory card where the eboot PSX files are, but some of the eboot files work. DOwnloaded all of them from the same place, set up the folders exactly the same way (PSP/Game/[name of PSX game file]/EBOOT). Seems like most if not all of my ISO files work fine.

Another issue is that there are way more "corrupted" files showing up (easily 50-60) than the total amount of eboots that I put on my memory card (maybe like 25).

Should I manually delete these "corrupted files" using my PSP? Why are some showing up while others not?

Thanks!

2. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    I believe i told you in another thread that if you modified the "name of psx game" and they were PSN releases, they would become corrupted.
    if you have a psn game you should leave the folder as it comes which is the ID of the game in question.

Make sure you have no other files in the PSP/Game/slus000111/eboot.pbp (that's only an example, but psn releases have another type of game ID)

What i mean is, some games dislike to have their folder name changed at all, if they came with another name for the folder, put the old one back.

Last edited by Alex658, Oct 28, 2016
  3. treeman
    OP

treeman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    United States
    so weird. All of my eboot files are set up the exact same way. Some work, others don't.

I tried several ways to do it:
    1. PSP/Game/slus000111/eboot.pbp
    2. PSP/Game/Blood Omen(U) [SLUS-00XXX]/slus000111/eboot.pbp

Again, for some games one or the other of these works, for others, neither of them work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also just read another thread about missing eboots on another board that mentioned something about file name length needing to be less than 31 characters. However, looking at the games that work versus ones that don't work, some of the ones that work are longer than some that do not work, however, none of the ones that work have super long file names.

4. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    No no no, that's not the way you should do it.

PSP/Game/Blood Omen(U) [SLUS-00XXX]/slus000111/eboot.pbp
    It should go PSP/Game/gameid/eboot.pbp always.
    When you downloaded it, it came with an ID, you edited it, right? try downloading it again, the same game, just see how it is on the download and copy it exactly how it is inside PSP/Game/
    As i said, some games don't like to have their folder renamed, because psp shows them as corrupted data.

the 31 chars limit applies to the whole path, i believe. That means that between PSP/GAME/id/eboot.pbp (there are 20 in this example, slashes count) there should not be 31 characters.