Hacking Newly hacked New3DSXL. How to avoid a ban?

SRCP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed all the steps and I wasn't connected to any wi-fi at first but had to connect to update the system. That already puts me in danger correct? I didn't turn off both spotpass options until after the hacking process. What does the ban prevent you from doing? Just playing online? I have another 3DS that's not hacked so I guess I can just play online on that one. I haven't associated the hacked one to my Nintendo ID yet either.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just followed all the steps and I wasn't connected to any wi-fi at first but had to connect to update the system. That already puts me in danger correct? I didn't turn off both spotpass options until after the hacking process. What does the ban prevent you from doing? Just playing online? I have another 3DS that's not hacked so I guess I can just play online on that one. I haven't associated the hacked one to my Nintendo ID yet either.
The settings don't matter, everything you run while online is sent to Nintendo and nothing you run while offline is sent to Nintendo. So to be safe(r), don't run .cia homebrew, out of region games or VC injects while online, homebrew like FreeShop and FBI have .3dsx versions you can run through Rosalina set to Download Play, that way Nintendo only sees you as running Download Play. But even if you follow that, you won't be completely safe, as it's not known exactly what criteria Nintendo uses to ban people.

SRCP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The settings don't matter, everything you run while online is sent to Nintendo and nothing you run while offline is sent to Nintendo. So to be safe(r), don't run .cia homebrew, out of region games or VC injects while online, homebrew like FreeShop and FBI have .3dsx versions you can run through Rosalina set to Download Play, that way Nintendo only sees you as running Download Play. But even if you follow that, you won't be completely safe, as it's not known exactly what criteria Nintendo uses to ban people.

What does a ban mean? Other than not being able to play online. Does it affect anything offline at all? Including benefits of hacking?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and nothing you run while offline is sent to Nintendo.
i have ben told that it also (in the event you are connected without an app running) will report the last app opened

but beware that you may have to replace your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B frequently in order to stay unbanned.
you must be talking about a public seed (the op has another 3ds and can pull the seed from that one)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i have ben told that it also (in the event you are connected without an app running) will report the last app opened

you must be talking about a public seed (the op has another 3ds and can pull the seed from that one)
Well, I wouldn't bother with a private seed, because if the first one got banned then the second one will likely get banned too and then he has two 3DSes banned instead of one. But that's just my opinion.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I wouldn't bother with a private seed, because if the first one got banned then the second one will likely get banned too and then he has two 3DSes banned instead of one. But that's just my opinion.
rip both seeds store them on pc and use one at a time on both consoles after all the op did not actually get banned but is only concerned about the potential (but yeah i see where you are coming from . . . )

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
short answer, you don't
the moment you hacked your system, you put your system in danger of ban

just embrace it.
This post right here.
There are steps that we believe might protect you, but we really don’t know if they do or don’t.
The truth be told, the second you hack your system in any form, you run the risk of getting banned. So instead of worrying about not getting banned, prepare for the chance that you might get banned. Research methods to lift the ban, get yourself familiar with the tools, be ready for in case you do get banned. It’s easier to remove the ban than it is to prevent it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr