Homebrew Newly hacked, can't install Homebrew Launcher Channel?

Orbiting234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Background: Wii U system that, until today, has never been hacked before and running 5.5.5
Followed https://wiiu.hacks.guide/
Installed haxchi over Brain Age. No problem there.
However I'm running into an issue at the very end trying to install the Homebrew Launcher Channel with WUP Installer GX2 though.

I always get the following error:
"Install failed
Homebrew Launcher Channel
Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig Patch."

Redownloaded everything, tried a different SD card even. I just can't seem to get this to work.

Does anyone have any idea why this is and how to correct it? While used to Wii and 3DS hacking, this is my first foray into Wii U hacking.

AsierMR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In order to install HBL you need to have signature patches. To activate those through Haxchi, you have to launch Haxchi and hold A, then it will kick you back to the home menu.
Try first launching Haxchi while holding A until it kicks you back to the home menu, then run haxchi normally and finally, install HBL through WUP installler GX2.

Orbiting234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to install HBL you need to have signature patches. To activate those through Haxchi, you have to launch Haxchi and hold A, then it will kick you back to the home menu.
Try first launching Haxchi while holding A until it kicks you back to the home menu, then run haxchi normally and finally, install HBL through WUP installler GX2.

Ahhhh, I think I got it now. I was under the presumption that running Haxchi directly into HBL was doing the patching and loading of HBL in one go. Was never clear in any guide that this wasn't the case. Anyways I was able run haxchi twice to finally use WUP to install HBL channel. Thanks for getting me through this hoop.

One other thing though that has been annoying me: is it normal for a hacked Wii U to be so unstable when launching homebrew apps? From a cold boot, running haxchi and then going into HBL I can run the apps from that maybe once. If I exit that app and try to run that app again or a different one, I usually experience some sort of hard freeze requiring full power cycle.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

AsierMR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ahhhh, I think I got it now. I was under the presumption that running Haxchi directly into HBL was doing the patching and loading of HBL in one go. Was never clear in any guide that this wasn't the case. Anyways I was able run haxchi twice to finally use WUP to install HBL channel. Thanks for getting me through this hoop.

One other thing though that has been annoying me: is it normal for a hacked Wii U to be so unstable when launching homebrew apps? From a cold boot, running haxchi and then going into HBL I can run the apps from that maybe once. If I exit that app and try to run that app again or a different one, I usually experience some sort of hard freeze requiring full power cycle.

Does it happen when launching HBL through Haxchi, when launching directly through the installed HBL, or both?
The thing is that, when you launch HBL through Haxchi, it is loading the executable and other files from the SD card, but when you launch it directly through the installed icon, it's not a shortcut to the same executable on the SD card, it's the whole HBL packed into the app, and it doesn´t need the files on the SD card.
What I'm trying to say is that it could be a problem of an older version of HBL, but it's not in the fully updated version on the SD card that it's packed with Haxchi.

Orbiting234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it happen when launching HBL through Haxchi, when launching directly through the installed HBL, or both?

Both from what I've seen iirc.

The thing is that, when you launch HBL through Haxchi, it is loading the executable and other files from the SD card, but when you launch it directly through the installed icon, it's not a shortcut to the same executable on the SD card, it's the whole HBL packed into the app, and it doesn´t need the files on the SD card.
What I'm trying to say is that it could be a problem of an older version of HBL, but it's not in the fully updated version on the SD card that it's packed with Haxchi.

Everything is definitely up to date. Like I said at the beginning this was literally hacked just last week. Used the latest everything from their respective githubs.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Both from what I've seen iirc.

Everything is definitely up to date. Like I said at the beginning this was literally hacked just last week. Used the latest everything from their respective githubs.
Did you installed Brain Age/Hachi into the NAND of the Console or in an external support?

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NAND. USB was completely disconnected during all modding.
It's not that you have got an old or maybe the SD start to be corrupted (even if with not some evidence) and during the haxchi installation (as the files where just a bit corrupted) from the SD copied bad the file into the NAND?! I tell you this because I experienced it with my old Wii and the problem was the SD.....Otherwise if you followed exactly everithing it's really strange this behavior . If you think that the problem could be the SD, I suggest you to unistall well everything, first the CBHC (be sure that it will not boot automatically otherwise you will brake your Wii U) . second Uninstall Haxchi and than Factory Wipe the console and add the a new SD Card, and repeat all the installation processes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls