Newly burned games only give a black screen.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by tails2, Jul 24, 2008.

1. tails2
    OP

tails2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2008
    United States
    For some reason, a lot of games I have burned recently won't load. They show up in the channel menu and when I click them to play I get the black screen.
    One of them loaded past the black screen but then stopped at the next screen(the 'licensed by Nintendo' screen). Although that may have just been a bad burn.

I am not sure if this would have anything to do with it but a while ago I had a jap version of Mario kart and decided to download an English version. I did but I got the black screen so I decided to use the update on the jap version first as I have a jap wii. In doing that I eventually got the English version to run.

Since then I have tried to burn 7 discs with only 1 working(SSBB). I have downloaded different torrents for the same titles and have burned them in different ways:

with regionfrii/without regiionfrii
    using brick blocker/not using it
    burning at 1x and 2x but no higher.

It's driving me nuts.

I am on 3.2j. One thing that was weird about the update from the jap mario kart was that I was already on 3.2j so it didn't upgrade and no channel was installed so I don't know exactly what it did.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice