Newly burned games only give a black screen.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by tails2, Jul 24, 2008.

Jul 24, 2008
  1. tails2
    OP

Newcomer tails2 Newbie

United States
    For some reason, a lot of games I have burned recently won't load. They show up in the channel menu and when I click them to play I get the black screen.
    One of them loaded past the black screen but then stopped at the next screen(the 'licensed by Nintendo' screen). Although that may have just been a bad burn.

I am not sure if this would have anything to do with it but a while ago I had a jap version of Mario kart and decided to download an English version. I did but I got the black screen so I decided to use the update on the jap version first as I have a jap wii. In doing that I eventually got the English version to run.

Since then I have tried to burn 7 discs with only 1 working(SSBB). I have downloaded different torrents for the same titles and have burned them in different ways:

with regionfrii/without regiionfrii
    using brick blocker/not using it
    burning at 1x and 2x but no higher.

It's driving me nuts.

I am on 3.2j. One thing that was weird about the update from the jap mario kart was that I was already on 3.2j so it didn't upgrade and no channel was installed so I don't know exactly what it did.