Hacking Newly brewed new2ds xl lost or stolen. Question

Awcartwright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently got a new 2dsxl and had someone install homebrew and a ton of games. I hadnt done cfw in years and it took me forever last time so i paid someone a few bucks to do it this time.

I dont have a pc atm so i was up all night installing .7z files on my android, extracting the .cia and putting them onto my 3ds using ftp.

I bought 2 64 gb microsd cards and luckily i copied all the files from one to my "backup" sd card this morning.

So today my bag is under the seat on the bus as usual. Im napping because i was up all night. I get off the bus and head home.

I get home and crack a beer looking forward to playing pokemon ultra moon and messing with pksm and theres no 2ds to be found.

Idk if i dropped it. Idk if it was stolen but thats irrelevant at this point.

My question is, if i pop in my backup sd into a new system is it like nothing ever happened and will it be running cfw? Or Would i have to do some steps first?

Tomorrow morning when i go to work im going to talk to MTA security and see if they can pull the video from today to see what hsppened.

I really dont want to go buy another 2ds.. I have to ne more careful.

And i get it. Laugh at me if you want. I kinda deserve it. Im just hoping i can catch the person, which i doubt, or buy some something cheap and just pop the sd card in.

Edit: and I apologize if this isn't the right place go ask

Last edited by Awcartwright,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call Nintendo and provide info about your stolen systems. While you won't get them back through big-N, you might as well get them banned from online play and access to the eShop so that asshole thief can't enjoy the fruits of his spoils.

You can't use stuff from the SD card between two or more systems due to encryption from something called the movable.sed.

You can't get the movable.sed unless you extracted it before from the 2DS as it resides on its onboard drive, CTRNAND.

All you have left is to start over and keep things safe from now on. Travel with a knife-resistant Kevlar handbag and mini-pad lock. Learn to nap clutching onto your stuff.

Also, I don't recommend replacing with another n2DSXL due to the model's poor screen durability and somewhat shoddy build quality.

If you don't mind not having 3D and don't plan to play New 3DS exclusive titles, a used good condition o2DS goes for $50 and below on eBay. The o2DS is not a bad choice!

Other than that, refurbished n3DSXL for $120

Brand new n3DSXL snes edition for $150 as seen in my signature.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Awcartwright

Awcartwright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that is unfortunate. So is there anything at all worth keeping off the SD card I currently have or should I just wipe it and do it all again if I decide to.

Maybe I'll join the dark side and homebrew a Vita

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- 3ds folder with all the *.3dsx homebrew apps.
- Any *.3ds and *.cia title and game files you can use to reinstall on your next 2DS/3DS.
- Roms, emulators, themes, pictures.
- Backed up saves made with JKSM, Checkpoint, SaveDataFiler, or sdvt save manager.
What would you do different in stopping the next would be thief in stealing your Vita?

Awcartwright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info turdpoocharger. Took me a bit to save for that dumb thing so I'll get a new kne eventually. It's not as if I threw the ds on the ground but you're right I should've had a proper bag. A backpack at the least.

I was just using one of those who friendly grocery bags

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info turdpoocharger. Took me a bit to save for that dumb thing so I'll get a new kne eventually. It's not as if I threw the ds on the ground but you're right I should've had a proper bag. A backpack at the least.

I was just using one of those who friendly grocery bags

Ooh, a fellow tote bagger. Tote life, totes cool. :)

Well, safe luck with your future homebrewing endeavors whether it's a 3DS or Vita < equally awesome in its own right.

Awcartwright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a half arsed joke that wasn't funny about the Vita. Just trying to stay positive IDK why I thought it was even close to funny.

I'm definitely keeping it in a backpack or bag with a lock on it. I can't afford some Kevlar bag

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ooh, a fellow tote bagger. Tote life, totes cool. :)

Well, safe luck with your future homebrewing endeavors whether it's a 3DS or Vita < equally awesome in its own right.

Can you recommend a site or person that sells them pre homebrewed?

No PC to do it on my own unless the public library allows you to download files.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you recommend a site or person that sells them pre homebrewed?

No PC to do it on my own unless the public library allows you to download files.

If you had access to a computer with no restrictions, the recommended free method of hacking is Frogminer.

The next best option that's mostly PC-less is NTRboot using a compatible DS flashcart.

If you have $20 to spare, the best DS flashcart to get is the R4i Gold Plus. That one will serve you well as a long term investment in playing DS games and hacking any other people's 3DS with custom firmware. Ask for a buck or two or coffee if your service doesn't come free.

If you're dead broke and can't afford to spend $20, the next cheapest NTRboot capable flashcart is the R4i 2018 SDHC Dual Core for $6. The reason no one recommends this one as well as a lot other flashcarts is because they time bombs or planned obsolescence.

Lastly, if you live in a large enough populated area, see if there are any local gaming hang out places or hubs. Try asking around for a NTRboot fairy that'll grant you free custom firmware for your 3DS. You may need to ask around in discordapp homebrew channel, reddit r/3dshacks, or figure out where are the popular Nintendo group meetups held (Super Smash).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."