Newly banned Switch; Save Data still safe on the account?

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This morning my Switch was banned (most likely because of leftover tickets from a dumb pirating mistake I did back in 2018), however my Nintendo Account seems to not have been affected as I can still log into it on my PC, use the mobile apps, get platinum points on My Nintendo, etc. I know I can unlink the Nintendo Account from my PC through the Nintendo website once a year, and then log on to a new Switch and reinstall everything, but my question is, are my save files that are on the cloud safe? My NSO subscription doesn't expire until January, and even then I have the option to extend it through the Nintendo website. (I'm also assuming that Save Data wont backup anymore on the banned console, so I'm SOL on trying to play anything currently and transferring the new data)

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This morning my Switch was banned (most likely because of leftover tickets from a dumb pirating mistake I did back in 2018), however my Nintendo Account seems to not have been affected as I can still log into it on my PC, use the mobile apps, get platinum points on My Nintendo, etc. I know I can unlink the Nintendo Account from my PC through the Nintendo website once a year, and then log on to a new Switch and reinstall everything, but my question is, are my save files that are on the cloud safe? My NSO subscription doesn't expire until January, and even then I have the option to extend it through the Nintendo website. (I'm also assuming that Save Data wont backup anymore on the banned console, so I'm SOL on trying to play anything currently and transferring the new data)
get a new not banned modded switch, then transfer saves to it from banned one.

Reactions: YugamiSekai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday