Hacking [NewHax] Frogminer - 100% FREE B9S cfw - 11.8 - US / EU / JP

Did Frogminer work for you?

• I tried it and it worked!

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • I tried and no success : (

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I'll only try it if it's added to Plailect's Guide (no hack is official if it's not in the Guide)

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • I didn't do Frogminer because I'm a cat and I don't know how =^.^=

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • I haxed my 3DS before the Frog cometh

Votes: 122 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
UPDATE JUN 15, 2019
Works with firm 11.10.0-43!

After about 8 months of Seedminer's existence, I thought it was a good time for a sale. So here you have it: a completely free variant of Seedminer called Frogminer! Yes, the name is silly but this is not a joke!

https://3ds.hacks.guide
(thanks to Eip, Kuma, and Jisagi of Nintendo Homebrew Discord for putting this guide together)

Q&A
Q: How is this different from Seedminer?
A: It uses homebrew to inject a new dsiwarehax game (Flipnote Studio) into a DSi system title instead of an eshop DSiware. This allows it to be free of charge.

Q: DSi System Title? Can this brick?
A: No, the title we use is DS download play and it is completely non-essential, like the Health & Safety app. You could delete DS dlp and the 3DS wouldn't care. Still, you can easily restore DS dlp after Frogminer with the included Frogtool.3dsx.

Q: Wait, this isn't in the Plailect Guide, how can we trust it?
A: It is in the Plailect Guide now!
https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(frogminer).html

Q: Why is "Frog" in the name? That frightens me.
A: Because the Flipnote Studio mascot is this little fella:
Frog.png

And now, by proxy, he is the mascot of Frogminer (with Lenny's blessing). ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vuln explanation:

https://screenshots.firefox.com/xTZXmUY31Vodzv0f/www.3dbrew.org
(from https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws)
Credits:
(see bottom of the Jisagi Guide above)
Source:
https://github.com/zoogie/Frogminer
( ^ this is the source code, not the guide, do NOT follow the instructions there.
users should click the enormous link above center for instructions)

Last edited by zoogie,
D

Deleted User

WOW..... i'm kinda in shock right now....

(...and i thinked soundhax was the last complete free entrypoint...)
anyway.. good work! :grog::grog::grog::grog::grog:

NOW a'lot of people will have a complete free entrypoint of modding thier 3ds and install mcdonald's mod for super mario 3d land (just a joke).... :yay3ds::yay3ds:

Reactions: NoNAND

arc25

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it possible to get the otherapp payload if I'm on 11.8.0-41J and the highest it lets you go is 11.7.0-41J?

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to get the otherapp payload if I'm on 11.8.0-41J and the highest it lets you go is 11.7.0-41J?
The 11.7 payload works with 11.8. I'll see about getting that info added to the guide.
Amazing, I would never guessed more exploits were coming, specially a free one
Thanks! I've been trying to getting free seedminer to work for months so it's a relief to finally find a way. :D

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for Nintendo to remove steeldiver from eshop and prevent this process? (Not that they're smart enough to do anything about this)
I guess in that case, the user will need their own entrypoint for homebrew like oothax, etc. For as long as they don't act, this is truly an amazing method!

Last edited by MattKimura,

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible for Nintendo to remove steeldiver from eshop and prevent this process? (Not that they're smart enough to do anything about this)
I guess in that case, the user will need their own entrypoint for homebrew like oothax, etc. For as long as they don't act, this is truly an amazing method!
Maybe temporarily, but the movable.sed allows you to modify *any* eshop downloaded game's save file.

Last edited by zoogie,

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i guess if you havent bought a 3ds yet,then now would be a good time.
And when they do buy one, they should download Steel Diver: Sub Wars immediately.

And to anybody else that's on the fence about Frogminer, download that game ASAP.
(don't download the 4.1 update though).

Last edited by zoogie,

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is really great. Free cfw on the latest version. Though i would expect 11.9 or some eshop game patch to be rolled out any day now.
Unless they pull out Steel Divers: Sub Wars and put a pre-patched version, there isn't any other way Nintendo could patch the Steelminer part without a system update, and then... it could be fixed as it was fixed before when the 11.7.0 and he 11.8.0 got out.

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless they pull out Steel Divers: Sub Wars and put a pre-patched version, there isn't any other way Nintendo could patch the Steelminer part without a system update, and then... it could be fixed as it was fixed before when the 11.7.0 and he 11.8.0 got out.
The funny thing is, seedminer has been free for Japan, Ninty's biggest region, since June and they haven't pulled Steel Diver in that time period.
Doesn't mean they won't pull it now with the freeness going worldwide, but I have a feeling they might look the other way again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1