Hacking [NewHax] Frogminer - 100% FREE B9S cfw - 11.8 - US / EU / JP

Did Frogminer work for you?

• I tried it and it worked!

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • I tried and no success : (

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I'll only try it if it's added to Plailect's Guide (no hack is official if it's not in the Guide)

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • I didn't do Frogminer because I'm a cat and I don't know how =^.^=

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • I haxed my 3DS before the Frog cometh

Votes: 122 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Can I use the Frogminer method in a 3DS with the latest version (11.9.0-42U)?
If possible, do I have to do something different?

Yes. Only have the latest Luma 3DS. If your SD Card is SDXC, format it before with GUIFormat.

KleinesSinchen said:
  • Format the SD with Guiformat to FAT32, 32KB cluster size.

Last edited by WRO,

Ren_Ambrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use the Frogminer method in a 3DS with the latest version (11.9.0-42U)?
If possible, do I have to do something different?
Yeah, the only thing 11.9 updated was something with Nintendozone and the browser. I've set it up on devices running it with no issues.

Smolpupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi!!! I was wondering say I uninstalled frogminer and cfw off my 2ds xl but I forgot to fix dis download play? Is that a issue for someone who doesn’t care about es download play? I’m worried I might get soft bricked because of it (when I open es doownload play it goes to flip note studio up!!) would Nintendo soft brick me for this within the next update or will this damage the system?

Smolpupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with this i re installed cfw using frogminer snd when i tried to fix ds download play all i get is a error!? Ehat am i doing wrong ;-;

g12345567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Worked perfectly for me on a New 2DS XL running latest firmware 11.10.0-43u and a Samsung EVO Plus 256gb MicroSDXC card formatted to FAT32, 32KB cluster size.

Used the Steelhax (Steel Diver Sub Wars) method to install the homebrew channel. Then used the Frogminer method to CFW the console. Allowing for installation of homebew channel, apps, emulators, any region games and to delete Steel Diver Sub Wars. As it's no longer needed.

Last edited by g12345567,
Reactions: zoogie

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any possible way to delete the flipnote exploit without getting rid of boot9strap?
Hello and welcome to GBAtemp.

Please describe your issue a little more:
  • What did you do? Did you use an outdated method like Frogminer injecting Flipnote Studio into Download Play?
  • Did you follow some random video instead of https://3ds.hacks.guide/ ?
    • Please avoid video guides. They are often outdated and/or bad and/or omit important steps. In addition to that most GBAtemp members active in the 3DS section are familiar with "The Guide" but not with every random video out there.
    • Any reasonable guide for Frogminer should contain the part for restoring DS Download Play.
    • If I remember correctly Frogtool creates a backup before injecting Japanese Flipnote Studio.
That said: B9S will survive almost everything (you have to use the uninstall script or do very stupid things). The initial Exploit is not needed anymore once B9S is installed.

Good luck and have fun!

Galexan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i just wanted to play with my sister mkds through ds download game (i think that it's called like this in english) but it didn't work because intead the flipnote exploit opened
German:
Hier nochmal in deutsch, da ich so das problem wesentlich besser beschreiben kann. Also folgendes: ich wollte mit meiner Schwester mario kart ds spielen jedoch als ich auf ds download game ging, öffnete sich anstatt davon der (ich glaube chinesische) flipnote exploit und ich war nicht in der Lage durch den lokalen modus mit ihr zu spielen.
PS: sie hat auf dem ds gespielt und da auch der mithilfe von einer r4i roms abließt konnte ich also nicht einfach die cartridge nehmen und in meinen 2ds "einsetzen". Ich hoffe es war einigermaßen verständlich und danke für die schnelle Antwort.

this goes to KleinesSinchen because im for some reason unable to send the message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1