Newest Wood R4 Firmware for R4i Gold?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by CytricAcid, May 28, 2016.

1. CytricAcid
    OP

CytricAcid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    My R4i Gold is from r4ids.cn. It's about 6 years old now, so it's NOT the 3ds version. It apparently works on the DSi though, though I can't check cause I don't have one. I downloaded an older version, 1.20, and it worked fine, but newer games (Pokemon Conquest) wouldn't run on it. Trying to install newer Wood R4 firmware just results in hanging on the "Loading" screen.

I managed to find a 1.64 version for R4i Gold, it booted, but the games would not, not even games that were already working on the older version. So what's the newest firmware I can run on this thing that can run Pokemon Conquest? Thank you in advance.

2. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Can you show pics of your cart?

3. CytricAcid
    OP

CytricAcid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
  4. Gyron

Gyron GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    Try this:

Wood v1.62 (R4ids.cn)

5. CytricAcid
    OP

CytricAcid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    It boots, but none of my games are working. What am I doing wrong?

6. Gyron

Gyron GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    What happens when you select a game?

7. CytricAcid
    OP

CytricAcid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    It shows Loading on the bottom screen and doesn't do anything else. I'm on a DS Lite, btw.

8. Gyron

Gyron GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    And you say the games work on an old Wood. I've had that 'Loading' hang with a Micro SD issue before.
    Link me to the v1.20 you are using, or tell me the full name of the '*.dldi' file in the '__rpg' folder.

Last edited by Gyron, May 28, 2016
  9. CytricAcid
    OP

CytricAcid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/Wood_R4ids_Gold_v1.20.rar is where i got it from. I'm wondering if its cause my SD card wasn't reformatted before using, but since it was working fine with older firmware I can't be too sure.

10. Gyron

Gyron GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    To be honest I'm not sure. I've had a few cards, but not that one. I recall a patch for that card to support DSi v1.44 and a newer 3DS firmware (maybe v4.*). R4ids.cn used to have all their past kernels for all their cards on an FTP, but it seems to be gone now.

Did you try this from your link:
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/R4ids.cn_v1.50_English.rar

This shouldn't work:
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-wood-r4idsn-1-62-f32257.html

Early 2012 Wood:
    Wood v1.43 (R4ids.cn)

11. CytricAcid
    OP

CytricAcid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    The 1.43 version works well, but Pokemon Conquest still won't boot. Other games will, though, so I guess we're on the right track. I recall a later version of Wood R4 fixes compatibility with it, but I can't remember which. Or maybe I just can't run it for whatever reason. I'll look into to see if I somehow got an error when copying the files tomorrow.

12. Gyron

Gyron GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    Ah, some progress.
    All regions of Pokemon Conquest should be working in Wood v1.51 (US and Aus were fixed in v1.49, Euro in v1.51).

Try this:
    Wood v1.51 (R4ids.cn)

And if no joy try this:
    Wood v1.51a (R4ids.cn)