Hacking Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii is out now.

Nixer

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't work for me. It hangs on ''Hold the Wii Remote sideways'' screen.

Is not working for me either, same freeze. I think it's because it's not the correct version, not sure if I have v1. I'll try to get v1 or v2 and try the NTSC when damysteryman release them.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i sampled it before i left for work today, it is a true work of art so far, i only played two levels. very nice work Newer team. it was worth the wait i believe.

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Couple of notes:

- You should copy the Font and Message dirs to GerEU too, this is something we forgot to add to the 1.0.0 XML, but it'll fix messed up text/fonts on consoles set to German

- The changes between v1 and v2 are very minimal, so porting should be easy. Not sure how you're gonna detect the game version from a .bat, though... if it helps, the WIIMJ2DNP.str file contains some developer file paths including "wiimj2d_ver2" in v2. Maybe you can use some command to check for this?

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Some issues in german forums:
1.) You must unzip the newer ZIP file.

2.) The directory "NewerFiles" contains a sub directory "NewerSMBW. Move "NewerSMBW" to the same directory, where "Build_Newer_EURv1.bat" stays.

3.) On failure, read the error messages and post them here.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii drive is making clicking noises when starting up and trying to read discs. It's an 07 console so I wouldn't be surprised if there is just gunk or dirty blocking the laser sliding mechanism. Trying to decide to invest in a Wii-U or go cheaper and learn how to replace the wii drive. I guess it really depends on if I plan on using the Wii-U at all.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone gone to the trouble to make cover art for Newer Super Mario Bros Wii?

Well they did 5 minutes after I posted, thanks AbdallahTerro!

http://gbatemp.net/threads/newer-super-mario-bros-wii.192580/page-29#post-4672171
2w3ddn9.png
2qte7hl.png
6sykgj.png

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried damysteryman's patch and it works like a charm for me! Only played through the first couple stages to test it but me and my bro plan to give the mod a full run before the weekend, after which I'll give my thoughts and thanks to the Newer team.
Thanks for all the work you guys put into putting together the patch and thanks to the Newer team for making the mod possible in the first place! I really do like the bit I've played so far, the redone GUI makes it feel like I'm playing a completely different NSMB game and the first couple stages have been pretty nice. It's great to see some fresh concepts and level themes being exhibited in the NSMB world.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer has no DRM. It's a set of file replacement/patching mods to a retail disc game. In fact I even theorized what would need to be done to make an ISO, and somebody else did the mods... and none of them involved bypassing DRM, it was simply applying the edits to the ISO file itself instead of during launch on-the-fly.

The reason there was no ISO version release is that they did not go out of their way to make one.

Christ, read.

Sorry for being a troll, I needed some sleep.

The Newer team did a good job on this, even better than the original game, it's a bit more challenging. I played the tower a few times and cannot get past the boss in there.

Reactions: Rydian

yafaiz

Old Salt
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not working here, did exactly as asked.

Not sure if I have the correct EU version of the game, this is the details in Dolphin.

x7OojjL.png

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
To check, you can extract WIIMJ2DNP.str from the disc root and open it in Notepad.

If the file begins with something like this, then it's v1 (the correct one for dmm's patch):
d:\home\Project\WIIMJ2D\EU\PRD\RVL\bin\d_profileNP.plf

If it mentions "wiimj2d_ver2" (don't have the file on hand to get the exact string atm), then it's v2.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, back now :)

I have managed to get dols for EURv1, EURv2, USAv1, USAv2, and JPNv1 (I think).

Currently working on improving the batch file atm, once I finish that, I will port the .ppf of EURv1 to EURv2, and continue from there.

Reactions: Celice and Etheboss

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My file says this - d:\home\Project\WIIMJ2D\EU\PRD\RVL\bin\d_profileNP.plf

But when I use the patcher it doesn't work, in dolphin it goes black and hangs, on a wode it says error please turn off conosle and on USB loader it hangs ....... never displays anything like dolphin.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just saying, after some tries i discovered that the iso can't work with dolphin, but works fine on real wii. I don't know what caused that but i recommend try on real wii's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.