Hacking Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii is out now.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey if i have the game is it piracy to download the games replace the files with wii scrubber than play them on my usb if its not piracy

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, that's how it is. Riivolution from disc is siginificantly slower than USB Loading + Codes and it's the same way for Brawl mods, except Brawl mods have the luxury of the stage builder exploit/File Patch Code so you can get (almost) USB loading speeds using a legit game disc without a modded Wii.
So 'yes' it is piracy or the files are patched to load viva riivolution

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to once again thank the newer team for this. It's essentially a new mario game. Don't want to spoil it, just play it already!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its great, though even though I have the retail copy and can play this through riivolution. I really would prefer the ability to just play it like the rest of my games through the USB loader. I'm very organized, and its annoying to have to play my games in various ways. Not to mention my wii drive is dying, so game loading off of discs has significantly slowed down on my Wii.

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.jpg

i beat the first stage, have to say pretty good (SPOILER)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 230

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
There's only one thing I don't like about it:

Riivolution doesn't work on Wii U, I was planing to sell my Wii, once Wii U can play GC Games ... but, they want to force me to keep my Wii ...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Can a mod please just lock and sticky this thread. We all know that it's just going to turn into an anti-piracy bitch fest with people who just don't want to STFU about it even though there is nothing they can do to change it.
This is not your thread or forum Foez, don't tell people what to discuss and not discuss. The ability or inability to run a ROM/ISO hack through various launchers is certainly a valid topic. Whether you personally like hearing about it or not has no bearing and frankly I'd appreciate it if you didn't act like a spoiled child trying to get other people's opinions removed/blocked.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I was responding to your call for action. You asked for something, and I told you why it's not going to happen.

If something erupts, it'll be taken care of in whichever way is deemed necessary by the mods.

This is not your thread or forum Foez, don't tell people what to discuss and not discuss. The ability or inability to run a ROM/ISO hack through various launchers is certainly a valid topic. Whether you personally like hearing about it or not has no bearing and frankly I'd appreciate it if you didn't act like a spoiled child trying to get other people's opinions removed/blocked.
Surely doesn't look like that you were responding to my call for action. Looks like you're telling me what to do and what not to do. If you were just telling me of why nothing was going to happen then your post would have looked a lot more different. Just admit it, you acted like a jerk, and so did I. Now lets shake hands and move on now that we see each other's point of view, especially now that we are filling this thread with the type of bullshit and garbage that I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Reactions: 431unknown

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Surely doesn't look like that you were responding to my call for action. Looks like you're telling me what to do and what not to do. If you were just telling me of why nothing was going to happen then your post would have looked a lot more different. Just admit it, you acted like a jerk, and so did I. Now lets shake hands and move on now that we see each other's point of view.
You're DeadlyFoez. Simply telling you "hey stop that" does not work. :P

On a more serious note, yes I was responding to your call.
  • You called for the thread to be locked because you didn't want people to discuss something you disliked. I told you that's not how it works.
    • Nothing being discussed here was against the rules (though I didn't feel the need to point that out as it should be obvious).
    • As I mentioned it's very much on-topic to the release of the hack.
    • You're not the OP anyways (something I pointed out as well), so a lock request will not be honored without an actual reason.

I don't know what set you off in this thread, but you need to keep your temper under control. You responded in a childish manner by trying to shut the discussion down when people were discussing ideas you didn't like, which is why I chided you.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
You don't know what set me off in this thread? Are you serious? I'm pretty sure that I've made myself rather clear.

Whatever man. No point of arguing with you because it obviously wont make a difference anyways, just like people complaining about the anti-piracy.

Like I said, lets just shake hands and walk away before we derail the topic anymore.

And, as to my original purpose, I would like to empty my posts so people coming here for info on the game don't get overwhelmed with this pointless talk. I'm hoping you'll do the same.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the main issue with no iso loading is the amendments needed to play the game meaning via asm hacks. Anti piracy is always the scapegoat.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I thought the main issue with no iso loading is the amendments needed to play the game meaning via asm hacks. Anti piracy is always the scapegoat.
No. I know someone in particular who has hacked riivolution to be able to play via the wode and burned disc. He refused to release it, even privately to me as to not step on the toes of those programmers that he respects. Or at least that was his account about it, but he is trustworthy on that front and certainly one who is capable of hacking riivolution.

I'm sure you are right about the ISO loading part, but the not being able to play from a WODE or burned disc is directly an anti-piracy measure.

Reactions: 431unknown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8