Hacking Newer super mario bros wii crashes

rabbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't seem to get Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii working anymore. I can't get past the "Wrist Strap" screen. When the game starts, the Wii Remotes turn off, and they won't turn on. Whenever the Wii Remote is on, no buttons do anything, even HOME, and I have to hold the Wii's power button for about 3 seconds to turn the Wii off. How can I get Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii to work properly?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Too little information. Are you using Riivolution and original disc? Or do you have a patched image? The first thing that comes to my mind is reading on the Newer site.
https://newerteam.com/wii/help/trouble.html
And this gives provides the following information:
Newer 17.png

rabbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im using riivolution and original disc. I already tried #17 and it changed nothing...I play this game a couple of month until today and everything worked fine... I dont know what to do

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have "Newer's" data on a SD/USB? Then check those for physical and logical damage.
Following the installation guide on the Newer site, the Riivolution files are on the SD.
Im using riivolution and original disc. I already tried #17 and it changed nothing...I play this game a couple of month until today and everything worked fine... I dont know what to do
@CMDreamer is right. Test your SD. Maybe it entered read only mode (does not allow writing ignoring the switch). If you did not change anything on your Wii, why should it stop working?
  • Copy all files from the SD to a computer and try reformatting your SD (FAT32).
  • If formatting works, test your SD with h2testw.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors, delete the test files and copy your data back on
Newer stores the save on SD:/save/<some_ID>
Move the save somewhere else for a test.

Magicrafter13

Trophies
Website
matthewrease.net
XP
Country
United States
I have this same issue with a USB flash drive. I've had some Riivolution hacks work fine, but others don't load and after attempting to load them, the flash drive gets several junk files on the root directory, and Riivolution no longer loads. The filesystem is also seen as being in read-only (despite being on a flash drive), so I'm forced to delete the partition and create a new one.

Currently getting ready to try on a different flash drive, but this one should be fine. It's relatively new, a good brand, and I've been using it to install operating systems for a few years now, I've flashed so many ISOs to this thing without fail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)