Hacking Newer japanese games seems to be not working on installing or playing without NTR plugins...

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey gbatemp,

I have some issues with newer games as Cia files.

First, I converted my japanese copy of Mario & Luigi - Paper Jam Bros into a spoofed cia with the simple 3ds to cia Converter 4.3. This works fine and installing it, too. But when I tried to start the cia, it shows me first how the game starts with some japanese text and after it, it ends in a black error screen. So somebody figured out that the cia version of this game only works with the NTR language plugin on different region 3DS's. Thats the first thing.

Second, I got the Pokémon Picross japanese Version. The 3ds file works fine but everytime when I will change it into a clean or spoofed cia, it wont let me install the game. It shows different error codes. For the spoofed version:

Import failed. This cia is invalid (0xD8E08025), tried with BBM, DM and FBI.

For the clean version:

Install failed. Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_NCCH (0x25)

Has anyone the same problem with newer games?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted-236924

Isn't Pokémon Picross an eShop-only title?
If you have it as a .3ds, it means someone got a .cia and converted to .3ds somehow which I'm not sure if it works properly. I don't know if CIA converters would be able to properly convert such a .3ds rom. I recommend getting it directly as .cia

Also it literally comes out tomorrow in other regions, why not just wait until tomorrow and get it from the eShop?

Last edited by ,

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Pokémon Picross an eShop-only title?
If you have it as a .3ds, it means someone got a .cia and converted to .3ds somehow which I'm not sure if it works properly. I don't know if CIA converters would be able to properly convert such a .3ds rom. I recommend getting it directly as .cia

Also it literally comes out tomorrow in other regions, why not just wait until tomorrow and get it from the eShop?
I know, but the direct dumped cia is also not working.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Are you using new 3ds? Newer eshop games are using 9.6 encryption method which could probably be the source of problem.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name - Pokemon Picross (Japan).3ds
Game Serial - CTR-N-JFJA
Main Title ID - 000400000017C100
CRC32 of .3DS - 0377E519

Does one of your backups match the same CRC32 as above?
If so then I have that same game backup and converted it into a .CIA using Simple CIA Converter v4.3

It installed and runs fine in my O3DS 10.3.0-19U with rxTools
It crashes at 99% with that same error if I install it with Gateway

What is interesting is if I install it to my emuNAND with rxTools, the Game and the Manual work fine.
If I leave the rxTools .CIA installed and launch the emuNAND from Gateway, the Game plays fine the the Manual crashes the 3DS and it has to be rebooted.

I was asking about this same problem to do3k, the one developing decrypt9(WIP) to see if he could add a "Fix Gateway Manual Problem" selection to just remove the Manual and be done with it.

The way I have been fixing Gateway Manual Problem is to Deep-Decrypt the .CIA with Decrypt9(WIP), extract the contents with PackHack, Rebuild a .3DS with PackHack/3DS Builder then remake the .CIA with Simple CIA Converter.

What you end up with after all of that is a .3DS and a .CIA that have no Manual, no 9.6+"Crypto" and work fine in Gateway mode.
(It loses the Manual because PackHack/3DS Builder doesn't "do" Manuals.)

This is the long-way, but the only-way I've found that works 100% of the time.

Last edited by Datalogger,
D

Deleted-19228

Game Name - Pokemon Picross (Japan).3ds
Game Serial - CTR-N-JFJA
Main Title ID - 000400000017C100
CRC32 of .3DS - 0377E519

Does one of your backups match the same CRC32 as above?
If so then I have that same game backup and converted it into a .CIA using Simple CIA Converter v4.3

It installed and runs fine in my O3DS 10.3.0-19U with rxTools
It crashes at 99% with that same error if I install it with Gateway

What is interesting is if I install it to my emuNAND with rxTools, the Game and the Manual work fine.
If I leave the rxTools .CIA installed and launch the emuNAND from Gateway, the Game plays fine the the Manual crashes the 3DS and it has to be rebooted.

I was asking about this same problem to do3k, the one developing decrypt9(WIP) to see if he could add a "Fix Gateway Manual Problem" selection to just remove the Manual and be done with it.

The way I have been fixing Gateway Manual Problem is to Deep-Decrypt the .CIA with Decrypt9(WIP), extract the contents with PackHack, Rebuild a .3DS with PackHack/3DS Builder then remake the .CIA with Simple CIA Converter.

What you end up with after all of that is a .3DS and a .CIA that have no Manual, no 9.6+"Crypto" and work fine in Gateway mode.
(It loses the Manual because PackHack/3DS Builder doesn't "do" Manuals.)

This is the long-way, but the only-way I've found that works 100% of the time.

CRC32 isn't going to match on anyone's dumps...Your headers are unique = unique CRC32

D

Deleted-236924

CRC32 isn't going to match on anyone's dumps...Your headers are unique = unique CRC32
They're talking about games downloaded off the internet from people who uploaded them.
That particular game I doubt would really have a header or anything given it is only available from the eShop. There aren't actual retail cartridges of that game for people to dump :P

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey gbatemp,

I have some issues with newer games as Cia files.

First, I converted my japanese copy of Mario & Luigi - Paper Jam Bros into a spoofed cia with the simple 3ds to cia Converter 4.3. This works fine and installing it, too. But when I tried to start the cia, it shows me first how the game starts with some japanese text and after it, it ends in a black error screen. So somebody figured out that the cia version of this game only works with the NTR language plugin on different region 3DS's. Thats the first thing.

Second, I got the Pokémon Picross japanese Version. The 3ds file works fine but everytime when I will change it into a clean or spoofed cia, it wont let me install the game. It shows different error codes. For the spoofed version:

Import failed. This cia is invalid (0xD8E08025), tried with BBM, DM and FBI.

For the clean version:

Install failed. Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_NCCH (0x25)

Has anyone the same problem with newer games?

Thanks in advance.
you said the .3DS file of picross runs fine - what happens if you try to look at the manual? - does it crashed the 3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.