Hacking Newer games on M3DS Real

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So annoyingly the M3DS Real hasn't had an update for a very long time and is said to be completely unsupported now. But does that mean there's no hope of playing new games on it, at all? I know there's this Wood firmware thing, would that and patched roms if necessary make games work on my M3DS Real?

I ask because I'll really want to play Pokemon Black and White 2 when it's out in autumn and don't want to try and find a new flashcart if I can help it. :/

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You're much better off using YSM3 (download RGF's multi-cart update). Within the compressed file, extract the files in the "M3Real_M3iZero" folder into the root of your MS. It should autoboot into YSMenu. If it boots into another one, load up "YSMenu.nds" and you should go into YSMenu.

You don't need any other firmware since this one is probably the best one, but if you want to multi-boot, keep the other files. If you only want to use YSM3, get rid of the other firmwares.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your best bet if you want to play any new games, either buy the games or buy a better flashcard.
Sadly M3 is no longer supported, it does have YSmenu, but that's about it.
I suggest checking out this thread I made

blackmail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why buy a new flashcard when all latest games work fine with RGF firmware i'm currently playing pokemon conquest and black/white 2 eng patched.
it's not worth it as the ds is in it's last breathe (i doubt there will be much new games with the 3ds on the market appart the us release of pkmn b/w 2)
if you were to invest money at least buy a 3ds (or wait for the XL model) with a decent flashard ;)

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah... YSM3, WoodYS and DSCovery can play that two game what you mentioned even without a patch. :)
Not recommend to buy this card but if you have one, unless you need same extra feature not recommended to sell it... it is compatible with every game with that 3 firmware. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s