Newer CIA backups not working b/c of outdated firmware?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drakegraves, Dec 13, 2015.

1. drakegraves
    OP

drakegraves Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    A few of the games I've been looking to play, it just hangs on the black and red "Nintendo 3ds" screen and the game never boots.

A couple to mention are Stella Glow and Mario + Luigi Paper Jam, which definitely are way older than 9.2.0-20U.

I have an old 3DS, NO flashcard.

I assumed I had to update the emunand system version, but every guide I find is for GateWay... Haven't seen anybody updating without it.

Is there a devhook? What do I do?

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    If you are on O3DS, you can just update emunand through system settings.
    double check that you are in emunand system settings before doing so, though.

3. kennyhi123

kennyhi123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    just update through system setting in emunand.

4. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    If you're on RxTools, make sure on system settings that it says "RX-E" before the firmware number. Then you'll know that you're still on EmuNAND and that you can safely update it.

The method is literally the same as Gateway's. You just have to double-check everything before you try and update EmuNAND.

5. drakegraves
    OP

drakegraves Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Seattle
    Alright, did it. Girlfriend had to hold my hand. She said she'd help me buy a new one if I updated sysnand, but only if I didn't throw a tantrum.

Thank you for obliging my eccentricities. I've got a 32gb sd card in here with 20 playable titles now. Merry f***ing Christmas

EDIT: I'm thirty years old

RitchieRitchie and Ammako like this.