Newbie with question on playing Wii from HDD...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BoelNoel, Dec 26, 2014.

1. BoelNoel
    OP

BoelNoel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2014
    Malaysia
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    HI there,

After 3 years keeping wii in store, decided to bring out and play again. Facing issue playing Metroid Prime Trilogy ( Funny as MP1 and MP2 ok , but my wii just cant load MP3........) Mayb the dual layer issue.......

So decided to use HDD instead of Disk to play games, so it happen i notice my wii has already have

a) The homebrew channel - V 1.0.1 ( IOS36 v255.255 )
    b) The USB loader channel v 1.5 develope by waninkoko/kwiirk

So question, any sifu here can share the next step i need to how to play games from HDD?

My wii version is 4.1E by the way

Tq and Best Regards
    Boel

2. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    First I would install an unmodified IOS58 and update the hbc to enable hardware access when loading homebrew.
    Second I would get rid of that USB loader channel and use either USB Loader GX 3.0 or the latest revision for better GameCube support.
    Finally I would install d2x cios with IOS56 as base, MPT loads different executable files so to avoid running into problems I would just use d2x and an updated loader.

At the time of installing IOS58 I was and still am running v4.2 so I used this but it only installs a specific version of it, so I just used something like multi-mod manager to update, the old version should work fine though.

3. BoelNoel
    OP

BoelNoel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2014
    Malaysia
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Cheers bro, thx for info, let me digest and try it out;) hope i can understande the whole pic of the process