Hacking Newbie Very Much Stuck Trying To Help Nephew

gsusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I'm very stuck. I bought a Wii off a friend who explained it was modded, the problem is I think it was modded quite some time ago .... My nephew is depserate for me to try and get it working for him (bless he's only 7) and I'm really quite stuck. I've done a lot of reading but the issue I have is that I'm obviously not modding from new, and I don't want to update incase I screw the system up. I've attached a photo of what I get up on screen when I boot up. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction to get this upto date so I can play the latest games etc... Thank you so much for your help, I'm sorry if I seem a bit useless !!!!!

photo.jpg

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use Modmii....go thru the wizard telling Modmii it's not a virgin. Modmii FTW....it will take you where you need to go!

from the photo....all i can tell is you're on a 4.0E wii with a very much outdated preloader (which i'm guessing is set to autoboot on power-up)....

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to update everything, correct, because preloader v0.29 is VERY old
laugh.gif
Are you able to open up the systemmenu and the homebrew channel? Then you could update everything, use modmii for updating.

gsusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi

i can get into homebrew channel

silly question, where do i find modmii,

ps

thank you so much for the quick reponses guys really really appreciated

Site & Scene News