gashead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

Newbie from the uk here.

Ok, so we got our wii last weekend, it was on ver 3.2 when we got it, i loaded home brew and back up launcher 3 gamma (i think), found some iso's and burnt at x2 with img burn on data write dvd-r, well problem is they either dont play and just return a message along the lines of cant read disc or they start to play then just stop and return the same error message already mentioned. so ive tried with sony dvd-r and they just sit in wii and spin or lock wii up so i need to re boot!.

ive upgraded to 4.1 and then tried it all again with 4.1 ver of home brew but still have the same issues, ive tried the wii dumper and back up wii sports(took 3 hrs) and still same problems.

PLEASE HELP ME (lol)
any advice welcome, i have read through so mant forums and guides that im totally confused. also i cant find any progs to back up my disc apart from wii dumper, is there such prog for PC(some say you need a certain LG drive is that right).

Maybe an idiots guide step by step would be good saying what wii ver i should run, i see so many links to ios wads etc im totally lost :-('
im by no means stupid with pc's but im no expert, but this has me going NUTS.

Thanks in advance

Gashead...in the sunny uk for a change ;-)

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
to back up any disc, you don't need any special DVD drive, but you do need special software...
I know NERO is great with making backups/img files, also Daemon works great (you can use it to trick your computer, copy a dvd to a virtual drive and it will work the same way...) also, I believe IMGburn even has that same function, to extract an IMG file, but IMGburn doesn't support that many drives, so it might be true that you need an LG for that specific program...
but, just check out download.com, something in the lines of 'iso extraction tool'?

further, go check out USB Loader GX, which has also an extraction tool built in... you'll need an USB HDD though...

last, the disc read error could be because of a lot of stuff... is it the 002 error? 001? could you please describe the error a little better? the weird thing to me is that all your attempts seem to give you that error? even after the game started already?
easy way to solve it: stop wasting DVD's, buy an USB HDD and get yourself USB Loader GX rev 734
wink.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well 3.2, 4.0 or 4.1 is fine for homebrew had no problem with either firmware. It could be the speed your writing the disks at if you want a tested working backup to test I live in gateshead area and could provide one for you to test or for modding advice

gashead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok,
Thanks Guys,
i have followed those steps.
Had trouble as the pre loader link downloads a file that is empty, so i skipped that stage....ran my copy disc but was advised i was on wrong cos ver(mine was 6 said i need 14)...so disc read error oo1 what is error 001..... so i finally managed to set up it ios 36 and back up loader now confirms the right ver
yaypsp.gif

so i enter neogamma and asked if i want to launch game on dvd or load games on dvd.

i chose launch game on dvd and i now get a green screen flash up then a beep from my wii remote...and then this message......The Game Disc could not be read. please read the wii operation manual for more information!!!...oh dear what can i do.....i also tried the hooks option and it showed my game in the wii disc menu let me launch game and press start then tell me unable to read disc.

do we think this could be my disc at fault... i got my iso from an internet site, do you think its currupt...i used img burn at 2x speed to burn the image onto a data writ dvd-r....please please tell me what way others burn,

so sorry to whinge on just a little stressed now ;-(

thanks for your help.

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have got few iso's from internet sites and they work no bother.

Might be a burning problem cause the wii is sometimes picky on what DVD-r disks it likes have done 2 exact same burns or the same iso on different makes of disks and one worked and the other didn't used the same program and the same write speeds and the same drive to burn both.

have used Datawrite disks before and they have worked for me and read fine but i was using the mach4 type

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
na wii's don't really like dvd+r never tried them cause heard there no good for wii or you have to change the book type and it's too much of a hassle.

With a dvd-r i just sling it in the drive and burn the iso at 4x with imgburn.

But before I burn I now brickblock(Removes the updates and also can patch region at the same time) the game and do a 001error and 002error fix on the game and 99% of them work with old wigators 0.3gamma loader just the odd one or two you have to use neogamma to launch but when I first started burning games I just used to brickblock them

gashead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, what is brick block?? and ive follwed the guide on here so have the gamma loaded,so thought i didnt have to mess with the error o01 oo2, so sorry to hassle you but please explain what i would need to use

thanks

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use a program called Wiizle Diizle Shiizle v1.3beta and sometimes wiu1.1 you just run the program and then open the iso and it'll usually tell you if the game is for your region and if it has an update included on the iso.

so if you have an iso which is NTSC-U(American) it would be very bad for you to install the update from that disk and the american game probably wouldn't run on your PAL console

So with WDS1.3b you can open the iso and then click the patch both button and it'll patch the update(remove it) and then patch the region to the region set by you in options, there pretty simple to use and most come with an info or read me file

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
drag iso onto desktop

open wii scrubber

open makekey bin/put in 42 at number/click generate/ok/exit

in Wiiscrubber/load file(iso)from desktop/click '+' to open partition 2/go down to main dol.file/right click/extract

extract to desktop

open generic wiipatcher/click open/locate main dol.file on desktop/click

now click search(under 'error 001 fix')/patcher will find error

now click 'remove 001'/patcher will take out offending error

now click search(under 'error 002 fix')/patcher will find error

now click 'remove 002'/patcher will take out offending error

click save/only now can you exit patcher

back to scrubber/again click o '+' sign to open partition 2/again go down to main.dol/right click/ replace

programme will say successful and parsing/click ok and exit

done

now right click iso(on your desktop) and open with burning program of your choice

burn and play

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr