Newbie to Nintendo Hacking using 4.3U OS Please help...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by timbojill, Jan 5, 2012.

1. timbojill
    OP

Member timbojill GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I only have a Macbook Pro. I have access to a windows PC if I need to. Is 4.3U the same as 4.3 ? Where do I start to mod my wii to play burnt Wii games ?

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    If you want to use ModMii, you need to use windows. It's possible to get it to work on other OSs by using apps like vmware or wine.

If you decide not to use ModMii, there are other softmod guides available, I recommend the complete softmod guide (https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/) because it's the only guide (other than ModMii) that doesn't host copywritten files. If you don't care about where the files are coming from, then you can check out the other stickied guide in this forum.

3. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    the "U" stands for US(A). Europe got E, and japan got J (urm.. i think...)
    It just defines what region the console is from. It is possible to go from U to E etc but its not really needed nor 100% troublefree.

You should use ModMii to mod your Wii. It is a windows application but can be run under WINE just fine.

Also, you should know that any Wii made after ~autumn -09 + all black and red (and blue) Wiis can NOT play burned games. You will have to use USB loading or replace the drive with an older model.

4. timbojill
    OP

United States
    how those USB loading work ? Please help just got this wii for christmas. Is there anyway to tell if my drive can play burnt games ? I don't have an internet connection at home to how will I get modwii to work ?

5. timbojill
    OP

United States
    I don't have the internet at home/ Can I use modwii without one ?

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    what's modwii?

ModMii requires an internet connection, but u can use it anywhere you have Windows running with a wifi connection then just copy the files it builds for you to your sd card when you get home

7. Lucif3r

Sweden
    http://www.modwii.net/ maybe? :D fuk knows. Nothing Id ever use though haha

Anyway, if you got the Wii this xmas, new, there is 0 chance your Wii can play burned DVD backups.

8. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    oh dude. this scam site is made so bad. the even misspelled ntsc, they wrote ntcs and one of the testimonial writers is named james dean lol

9. timbojill
    OP

United States
    I need help. I don't have any internet connection at home. No LAN or Wi-fi connection at home. ModMii requires it. what can I do. I have a three day weekend and need to download everything at work to modify at home with no internet connection.

10. Lucif3r

Sweden
    Then download everything at work, copy everything to a usb stick/mem card/whateverremovablestorageyouprefer and install the stuff when you get home.

11. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    No friendly neigbour / family members that have an internet connection ? Otherwise do what Lucif3r said.