Hacking Newbie to DS homebrew, need hardware suggestions

jules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm completely new to the hardware end of GBA/DS homebrew and trickery (I've run ROMs on my pc before but nothing else) and I recently bought a DS Lite. I'd like to run games on it but have no clue where to start, and a limited budget.

My question to you guys is what can I buy that will allow me to run .nds files on a DS Lite for under $100 total?
I assume I'd need a PassMe or some other bypass tool, and a flash cart, but I'm not sure of interoperability between those parts and DS Lite firmware. I'd prefer an SD, MiniSD, or built-in flash cart for their size.

Thanks in advance for your help and I hope this is in the right section.
Jules

jules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Supercard interfaces with a computer via USB, right?
From what I understand, PassMes and the like need to be kept in the DS slot all the time... would this cause a problem with games checking the slot for a legit cart? From what I've been reading the flashing process sounds doable for me. I've done PSP firmware hacks before and I figure there's a similar amount of risk involved, and I'm comfortable with that.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, as yumms mentioned, your best bet would probally be a supercard. near 100% compatability with nds roms, and great for homebrew too! And id suggest AT LEAST 128 mb memory card (try to aim for at least a 512mb or 1g for the best value
smile.gif
)
and i suggest falshing your ds. (its a must!) especially when you dont know whats in your homebrew...
good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4