Newbie to DS homebrew, need hardware suggestions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jules, Jul 16, 2006.

1. jules
    OP

jules Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2006
    I'm completely new to the hardware end of GBA/DS homebrew and trickery (I've run ROMs on my pc before but nothing else) and I recently bought a DS Lite. I'd like to run games on it but have no clue where to start, and a limited budget.

My question to you guys is what can I buy that will allow me to run .nds files on a DS Lite for under $100 total?
    I assume I'd need a PassMe or some other bypass tool, and a flash cart, but I'm not sure of interoperability between those parts and DS Lite firmware. I'd prefer an SD, MiniSD, or built-in flash cart for their size.

Thanks in advance for your help and I hope this is in the right section.
    Jules

2. yumms

yumms GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2006
    United States
    For less than $100 you're best bet would be Supercard and Superkey, but you'll have the card sticking out of the DS.

3. jules
    OP

jules Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2006
    The Supercard interfaces with a computer via USB, right?
    From what I understand, PassMes and the like need to be kept in the DS slot all the time... would this cause a problem with games checking the slot for a legit cart? From what I've been reading the flashing process sounds doable for me. I've done PSP firmware hacks before and I figure there's a similar amount of risk involved, and I'm comfortable with that.

4. pelago

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
  5. nintendofreak

nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

Mar 27, 2006
    United States
    Cal Poly Pomona / (323)
    yup, as yumms mentioned, your best bet would probally be a supercard. near 100% compatability with nds roms, and great for homebrew too! And id suggest AT LEAST 128 mb memory card (try to aim for at least a 512mb or 1g for the best value [​IMG] )
    and i suggest falshing your ds. (its a must!) especially when you dont know whats in your homebrew...
    good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice