Android newbie to android, can anyone recomend me a good and quick root for my android?

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I mentioned in the title, I want to know what is a good way to root my android. I have a pixi 3-35tf and I already tried kingo root multiple times but it just keeps rebooting. I would rather prefer something that roots quick but I can go with whatever. thanks in advance.

Last edited by keven3477,
Reactions: OrGoN3

loco365

Trophies
XP
Alcatel phones can be a bitch to root. Try iRoot (It may install some chinese bloatware too, so just get Titanium Backup and supersu to fix that and remove the bloat it adds). iRoot worked for me on an Idol X.

Reactions: Xanthe

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alcatel phones can be a bitch to root. Try iRoot (It may install some chinese bloatware too, so just get Titanium Backup and supersu to fix that and remove the bloat it adds). iRoot worked for me on an Idol X.
Tried that on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. The amount of bloatware is unreal lol

loco365

Trophies
XP
Tried that on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. The amount of bloatware is unreal lol
I think it only added a root manager that I couldn't understand and an app manager thing. Just uninstalled those and went on with my day. It's like a five minute fix lol. Did it add more for you?

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it only added a root manager that I couldn't understand and an app manager thing. Just uninstalled those and went on with my day. It's like a five minute fix lol. Did it add more for you?
Yeah it added a lot more from me. It gave me 5 new apps, all in which were in Chinese so I didn't know what was happening :rofl2: Not only did it give me those 5 apps, it also gave me an added 3 or 4 folders (Which were also in chinese), and two more folders which were just empty.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, try King Root lol. Use their mirror link too, I've found that their regular link doesn't usually download a good apk file.
I keep getting that kingroot download is unsafe and I cant seem to find the mirror link.

I just tried towel root and it says that it is unsupported. I don't think ill try I root since you guys keep saying about the bloatware.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting that kingroot download is unsafe and I cant seem to find the mirror link.

I just tried towel root and it says that it is unsupported. I don't think ill try I root since you guys keep saying about the bloatware.
Once you root, bloatware is VERY easy to get rid of. We just don't like how they put it there. You need to go to your settings and find "unknown sources" and allow that.

Anything you download from the browsers, it will say it is unsafe regardless of the file

loco365

Trophies
XP
Once you root, bloatware is VERY easy to get rid of. We just don't like how they put it there. You need to go to your settings and find "unknown sources" and allow that.

Anything you download from the browsers, it will say it is unsafe regardless of the file
It's also the same as how phones will attempt to block towelroot from installing. It'll ask you twice to not install it while installing the APK.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there, I finally got it to root using the kingroot mirror apk, thanks for the help. Any suggestions on what I can do with the root?

Wait, why did you root your device then? Just because? Rooting lets you install great things like Titanium Backup, and custom roms. Or be a pirate and get a virus.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, why did you root your device then? Just because? Rooting lets you install great things like Titanium Backup, and custom roms. Or be a pirate and get a virus.
there Is an app that lowers game specs and accordingly it lets a certain game that requires 2gb to play on my phone, I was going to root it anyways later on.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there Is an app that lowers game specs and accordingly it lets a certain game that requires 2gb to play on my phone, I was going to root it anyways later on.

Ah. Probably is just more efficient use of memory. That's really cool. Do you know what the program is called? I'd love to take a look at what it does.

There are many programs that are root only, like terminal, es file explorer (root mode), etc. You opened yourself to a whole lot of new programs.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can pirate games without rooting or getting a virus. If you're getting a virus from installing cracked apps, then you're downloading from the wrong source

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can pirate games without rooting or getting a virus. If you're getting a virus from installing cracked apps, then you're downloading from the wrong source

Yes. OP is a noob, as he mentioned, so chances are he'll download at least one thing from the wrong place.

How are you pirating games without rooting? Sure okay. Unknown sources if the game doesn't require an actual crack. Most games don't nowadays, some still do. I'm completely against blindly keeping unknown sources enabled.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. OP is a noob, as he mentioned, so chances are he'll download at least one thing from the wrong place.

How are you pirating games without rooting? Sure okay. Unknown sources if the game doesn't require an actual crack. Most games don't nowadays, some still do. I'm completely against blindly keeping unknown sources enabled.
I can understand where you're coming from, but if you're downloading from a trusted source (Such as vShare), then you have nothing to worry about.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Probably is just more efficient use of memory. That's really cool. Do you know what the program is called? I'd love to take a look at what it does.

There are many programs that are root only, like terminal, es file explorer (root mode), etc. You opened yourself to a whole lot of new programs.
it is called gl tools [root]

here is a video on the usage

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and by the way, my phone unrooted itself, is that normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water