Newbie SC Card questions

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Chroniss, Sep 28, 2006.

Sep 28, 2006

Newbie SC Card questions by Chroniss at 11:01 PM (645 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Chroniss
    OP

Member Chroniss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've done some reading, went over FifthElements guide and such, and I decided on a SC. I have some questions though and hope someone can help me out, these might be repeat questions, I was browsing the forums and couldnt find the answers directly so I will ask here.

First of all I have an old DS, and I was going to get the Super Card SD-Mini, I'm assuming this is the correct one to buy for my system.

So I guess I'll be needing to buy a SD card, that means I will need to buy a SD Mini card am I correct? Where does the SD mini card go into the SC? I didnt see an insert anywhere in the pictures or anything. Also SD normal cards wont work correct?

Would I need to buy an SD mini card reader for my PC to transfer stuff to the card? Do SD card readers also work with SD-mini cards, or do I need a sd mini card reader?

Assuming I need a SC mini + a SD-mini card + a SD-mini card reader for PC, is there anything else I'm forgetting? My DS is running Flashme, so would I need to do something else to transfer over or would I be set with these 3 things?

What about saves? Currently I have an EZ-Flash II Powerstar and it can run only if they are the correct save size, would save games not be an issue with a SC mini?

How about wireless multiplayer? Would I be able to play games online using the SC mini?

My tally for this comes to like...about $90 total (512MiniSD card btw), does this sound about right?

Well thats more questions then I initially was going to ask, but any help with these is greatly appreciated.

2. richardv

Member richardv GBAtemp Regular

United States
    All your assumptions are correct. Your setup will work fine as well as go online.

3. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    you posted over 110 at gbatemp forum

and you haven't got a clue what you need? anyway...

go here SuperCard MiniSD Review, Official GBATemp Review by Vince989

i'll go for M3 "Lite" SD then SuperCard MiniSD

read other gbatemp reviewer

4. Chroniss
    OP

Member Chroniss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Heh yeah those 100+ posts are from the time when the DS was first comming out, havnt been here for awhile so I'm kinda behind on all the DS stuff.

Thanks for the review links, that pretty much shows me what I wanted to see. Would there be a cheaper alternative if I dont have any of this memory card stuff or is this (SC) really the best way to go for under 100 range?