Hacking newbie question

D

Deleted-355425

this website just gets you to fill in surveys, load of shite... there is no kernel exploit for the vita,

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
You can't hack the native PS Vita environment yet. There is efforts happening currently regarding exploiting the web browser but even then the hack is sandboxed and restricted to resources only available to webkit.

We can currently have kernel level access within the PSP sandbox, to play PSP ISO's and homebrew, The old PSP stuff looks good on my 5 inch OLED model!

sfear2ugf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't hack the native PS Vita environment yet. There is efforts happening currently regarding exploiting the web browser but even then the hack is sandboxed and restricted to resources only available to webkit.

We can currently have kernel level access within the PSP sandbox, to play PSP ISO's and homebrew, The old PSP stuff looks good on my 5 inch OLED model!

i have 2 vita but they both on 3.35 can i install the cfw or do i have any other options?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
i have 2 vita but they both on 3.35 can i install the cfw or do i have any other options?
Like trumpet said, right now, there's nadda, but someone found usermode access on 3.35 and has shown themselves running Hello World on it, so there's that. It means that, somewhere within the next couple of months, most likely, an exploit game will be announced for a PSP mode hack. Be watching for it because you don't have long before Sony pulls and patches it, so you have to buy it quick. Of course, there's currently no VHBL or TN-V for 3.35, so even if the game gets announced, the exploit won't be incredibly useful unless those things come about prior to the release.

For some odd reason, the person who found the exploit wants to wait for a new firmware to release it, though, with the release of custom bubbles that requires at least VHBL to make it work, there's a chance that the exploit may come sooner if VHBL can be made to work with it.

Full article: http://wololo.net/2014/12/26/an-add...rmode-exploit-for-firmware-3-35-has-appeared/

Reactions: sfear2ugf
D

Deleted-355425

Like trumpet said, right now, there's nadda, but someone found usermode access on 3.35 and has shown themselves running Hello World on it, so there's that. It means that, somewhere within the next couple of months, most likely, an exploit game will be announced for a PSP mode hack. Be watching for it because you don't have long before Sony pulls and patches it, so you have to buy it quick. Of course, there's currently no VHBL or TN-V for 3.35, so even if the game gets announced, the exploit won't be incredibly useful unless those things come about prior to the release.

For some odd reason, the person who found the exploit wants to wait for a new firmware to release it, though, with the release of custom bubbles that requires at least VHBL to make it work, there's a chance that the exploit may come sooner if VHBL can be made to work with it.

Full article: http://wololo.net/2014/12/26/an-add...rmode-exploit-for-firmware-3-35-has-appeared/

stay on 3.35! they will released a vhbl sooner or later and then you can use the new bubble hack they have just released :)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
stay on 3.35! they will released a vhbl sooner or later and then you can use the new bubble hack they have just released :)
I feel like you may be thinking the bubble hack is more useful than it actually is, kind of like I did when it was first announced. It's basically just shortcut loading. For example, running FF Type-0 from a bubble is basically just a shortcut for launching TN-V then launching the game. Not to mention it seems needlessly complex to accomplish this feat. You'll probably spend more time crafting each bubble than you would simply launching the games the "long" way every time you'd play it from start to completion.

So although the bubble hack may help push the 3.35 release along a bit faster, I can't really recommend that people bother with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all