Hacking Newbie question about .sav files

JesseJoysticks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using savsender to dump my .sav files to m PC, but they don't seem to work. They've all been 8kb while I'm pretty sure the rest of them on my acekard are like 512kb? So I'm not really sure how to get them to work. The game just pretty much froze and said data corrupted when I tried, so if anyone knows what to do or can point me to a tutorial, I'd be rather happy
laugh.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I've seen someone with this problem including myself, with a DSi XL, no one with a DSi can ever get the saves to work.

Though the software appears to run correctly, the DSi was designed to not be able to swap cartridges past the DSi Menu. I think as a result the software sends zeroes.

edit: clarity

JesseJoysticks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but it wouldn't work on my DSi afterward would it? =x

I have my sister's DS lite collecting dust that I could use, but it's in pretty bad shape so I'd prefer to use my DSi; if this isn't even possible that's okay
laugh.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JesseJoysticks said:
but it wouldn't work on my DSi afterward would it? =x

I have my sister's DS lite collecting dust that I could use, but it's in pretty bad shape so I'd prefer to use my DSi; if this isn't even possible that's okay
laugh.gif

Stick the AK2i into your sister's DS lite and run the homebrew to try to export your game saves to your computer again.
The sav's might have to be converted from RAW to AK2 (Shunyweb Converter). You may have to make it RAW > RAW 512KB > AK2. I'm not sure, because you need to find out what size the dumps wind up as.
Then you can stick the sav's on your AK2i's MicroSD and see if they work. On your DSi.
happy.gif

Edit: BTW, I have tried all that stuff myself on the XL and of course nothing because the initial 8kb sav's were all zeroes. My only friend with a Lite is my BF and I'm not scheduled to see him for a few more weeks. So I gave up on this myself a while ago and just started the games I wanted to import from scratch and I don't need to do it anymore myself.

JesseJoysticks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll test it out when she wakes up and actually lets me borrow it
laugh.gif

I'll be back with the results, but since you gave up on it, the outcome doesn't look good
laugh.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JesseJoysticks said:
I'll test it out when she wakes up and actually lets me borrow it
laugh.gif

I'll be back with the results, but since you gave up on it, the outcome doesn't look good
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nah I've actually seen people confirm that it works on DS Lite and resolve everything. You should be more optimistic! Just know that a small number of games aren't compatible with the homebrew because they don't use traditional save memory - i believe amongst them are Pokemon HG/SS and WarioWare D.I.Y.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi +1